Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 - 18 month deal on new tariff?

• 03-11-2005 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

I just had O2 customer service convince me that the 'Active Life 150' tariff would bring my bills down from € 70ish to €35. The numbers seem to add up.

Has anyone switched? Any thoughts?

They also offered me 25% extra minutes for committing to 18 months instead of 12.

Do you think this is a good idea? (I am searching for the dirty big downside...)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Signing an 18 month contract is the downside really.

I notice voda are offering free phone insurance if you commit to 18 months.
    whats that typically worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

6e a month normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pythia wrote:
    6e a month normally.

And a new phone every so often. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

How good are they when it comes to insurance? If I 'drop' my phone and it breaks will they give me another one no questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

If you lose it, have it stolen, or break it accidentally they will send out a replacement within 48 hours of receipt of your claim. They will then bar the imei of the original handset making it no good to anyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

last time i checked the IMEI barring is kinda pointless, as o2 and voda don't share db's....

Has this changed?

Been a few years since i've delt with the insurance stuff, but last i recall for lost/stolen you needed a garda to sign off on it?

Advertisement