Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the upload limit on Eircom home starter

• 03-11-2005 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what is the upload limit on Eircom home starter package. I know downloads is 8GB but not sure what the upload is, if there is a limit? I know it used to be 1GB upload on the iStream home start a year or two ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Monthly megabyte allowance: 8 GB download / 1 GB upload.
    source: eircom's website (.ie) ...go figure.
    lazy bum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Karoma wrote:
    Monthly megabyte allowance: 8 GB download / 1 GB upload.

lazy bum

Thanks

Last question, has anyone been charged by Eircom when they go above the upload limit? Last month, I exceeded the upload capacity by 400MB but my downloads was well within the given allowance.

No-but that doesn't mean you won't. You might get a call about bumping you up to the next level of package. As long as you have your wits about you (Even if you don't-and the eircom caller doesn't really care) - just tell them it was unusual circumstances and that you will keep it in mind but not just yet.. then just go easy for the next 1-2 months..

Karoma wrote:
    No-but that doesn't mean you won't. You might get a call about bumping you up to the next level of package. As long as you have your wits about you (Even if you don't-and the eircom caller doesn't really care) - just tell them it was unusual circumstances and that you will keep it in mind but not just yet.. then just go easy for the next 1-2 months..

Sound advice, thanks again. Why do they have cappings in this country for broadband?!

• Advertisement

We don't want to lose the "Rip-Off" status just yet..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

i went 3.5gig over my 20gig limit with eircom last month, never a word from them and I am consistently over the limit

slave1 wrote:
    i went 3.5gig over my 20gig limit with eircom last month, never a word from them and I am consistently over the limit

what package is that? Their "Plus" package is 16GB download (Unlimited U/L)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Afaik, nobody has been charged for going over their cap on EircomBB. There was 6 people charged but that was only as IRMA caught them downloading huge amounts of music illegally so Eircom decided to sting themfor their disregard of cap limitations.

Eircom sometimes given warning through letters or emails

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

[PHP]what package is that?[/PHP]
    business starter 21 down unlimited up

• Advertisement

thanks.

Advertisement