Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curragh Exchange Now Upgraded - But line still fails, what wifi options available?

• 03-11-2005 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I live close to the Curragh CAmp, but not close enough to get wired broadband even though the exchange has just been upgraded.

I had hoped that we were close enough but I had the line checked tonight and it's not. What wireless options are available to me where I am and are they any good?

regards,
    Jonathan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Hi

I live close to the Curragh CAmp, but not close enough to get wired broadband even though the exchange has just been upgraded.

I had hoped that we were close enough but I had the line checked tonight and it's not. What wireless options are available to me where I am and are they any good?

regards,
    Jonathan.
    Ring Eircom and get them to do a proper line test. When you use the online line checker you're only accessing the Eircom database. Lines are tested and the database is updated once a month.
    If the exchange has only been recently upgraded your line probably hasn't been tested yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

kaizersoze wrote:
    Ring Eircom and get them to do a proper line test. When you use the online line checker you're only accessing the Eircom database. Lines are tested and the database is updated once a month.
    If the exchange has only been recently upgraded your line probably hasn't been tested yet.

Sorry maybe I should have been clearer, I rang the eircom engineer and he said the line failed. I know by now not to trust the online database.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭nilhg

I don't know much about any of them but it can't hurt to give them a call,

www.kildarebroadband.com
    www.torque.ie
    www.alternative-broadband.com

best of luck, let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Torque say no.

Alternative Broadband - say yes but they are currently upgrading their equipment and say that I should wait until the upgrade is complete before purchasing - but they say that if I'm in a rush for it they can provide it with the old gear and then have me upgrade when upgrade is rolled out.

Kildare Broadband - Sent a mail on Thursday still no reply :-( I hope their website isn't any indication of the competence in other fields.

Advertisement