Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Star Pizza in Galway - what's the exact address?

Options
  • 03-11-2005 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

/edit

S'okay - I got it!

But hey, let's make this a pizza in Galway thread. That's a topic worth discussing imo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

4Star FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Dominos is such a rip off! The restaurant at the entrance of Forster Court does pizza's for take away with a 25% take away discount. A 12 inch pizza is cheaper than 9 inches in most other places. Only catch is they dont deliver. But Monroes pizza's would probably have to be my favourite if I had to choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

There's a Domino's In Galway? Where? Why was I not informed of this?

I take it you've never been to Cuba? :)

Because its opposite there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Godfather's on sea road do a midweek special, €16 for a any 16" + 2 fries + free delivery. They also do a massive meal for €23, great for when there's lots of people around, it's cheap but no worse than four star quality. Milano's do a nice goats cheese and spinach pizza but I'd like to try Pizza Eile in massimo's which has very strange recipes like the all-day breakfast pizza amongst others.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anima wrote:
    I take it you've never been to Cuba? :)

Because its opposite there.
    eek!
    woah, I'm dozy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've never eaten pizzas from anywhere mentioned on this thread....am I missing out? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Eeew, Monroes pizza's are not good. Not good at all. I've never ever had one there that wasn't burnt to a crisp on the bottom and cold in the middle. Plus they have that pervy old guy working behind the counter *shudder*.

Four Star are grand, but if you eat them too often they taste like cardboard.

Got a pizza in Godfathers when it opened, seemed nice enough, and alot cheaper than four star.

Domino's was waaaay to far a walk for me, and I'm a lazy bitch! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Godfather's is an interesting change from Domino's. I recommend everyone try them once, at least.

Make sure there's a crowd of people sniggering at whoever makes the call when they order a "7 inch Capone's Craving". Never fails. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

It's was more fun when we order a delivery from Four Star...We live about 7 doors down....

Oh they don't like that...don't like it at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Sarky wrote:
    Godfather's is an interesting change from Domino's, I recommend everyone try them once, at least.

I did and ordered from them on monday and it was over 1hr 20min before it arrived and they forgot a pizza and the ones they did bring were cold.

There were people from 3 houses over at my house who made the order and no-one will ever order from them again. Thats a stupid and expensive mistake for a company to make. also the base they use for the pizza are premade as aposed to thrown dough.

The best bargain in town is 4star with the deals they do, The send a text which lets you buy one and get a second for €1.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, my fav is Four Star too. Extra everything! :p

No-one has mentioned Fat Freddy's yet and that's good - it's sooo over rated.

*Roisin* wrote:
    Eeew, Monroes pizza's are not good. Not good at all. I've never ever had one there that wasn't burnt to a crisp on the bottom and cold in the middle.
    I agree, they're hyped too much. Dominoes/4star/godfathers all rely too heavily on the base (lots of sugar and msg). Pizza should be mostly cheese with more cheese on top, the base should be there just to hold it together. Maybe somebody's got a good/simple pizza recipe they could share?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Maybe somebody's got a good/simple pizza recipe they could share?

Go to Milano's.:D

Go to Milano's.:D
    I havent been there since becoming a student again. Even though I really liked the food I hate the whole 'gourmet' thing, it's just an excuse to charge over the odds for less food (yes, I'm bitter). Although it's not a bad place to go if you're feeling rosemantic.

Milano's is nice but like you said, you pay through the teeth for it. Not much of a pizza either, you could eat 5.

Where is Godfather's anyway? Never heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

during the summer 4 star had a 9inch lunch pizza deal for €5 ( pizza, 2 toppings)

now they're introduced the new "personal pizza" for the same price what a load of c**p. It doesn't even come close to serving one person!

I know that you get the can of coke for free too but in the outlets in cork for the lunch special you got the can of coke included in the 9inch deal for a fiver...

Ah well, us poor students, always getting ripped off

Advertisement