Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost in the Shell

• 03-11-2005 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Thinking of getting the special edition and possibly the 7 disc Stand Alone Complex from Play.com. Are the R2 versions the same as R1s - especially in terms of bits cut out.

Any where else online where I can get them cheaper?

Thanks

Jimmy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Good idea, don't do what I've been doing by buying the individual volumes of the standalone complex at £14.99 each only to find out that the 1st gig (with all the episodes) is coming out at £29.99. Forget people saying they're being ripped off with the Region 2 1st season of Lost, this is the biggest DVD con ever!

£14.99 x 7 = The price I've paid for GITS:SAC

£29.99 = The price you'll pay for GITS:SAC

I'd buy them from Play if I were you, I've been using them for five years and they're the most reliable internet retailer I've ever used (I've used a lot). I don't think there's a difference in terms of special features for R1 & R2, the same behind the scenes documentaries, besides, the Standalone Complex is fairly bereft of special features anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Would it be worth getting the limited edition complete 1st GIG with 14 discs (presumably the same 14 discs in the individual volumes) for £80?:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=815200&searchtype=genre&id=0&p=57&g=72&adudisc=y&who=&cpage=1&pa=cart&Cur=257

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

NO!, the second disc included in every volume of the 1st gig is a copy of the first disc but in stereo 2.0 rather than Dolby Surround!, it's a con I tell you, the special features are practically non existent and the ones that are there are dross (meet the guy who drew a tachikoma's ball bag...). Get the £29.99 one, there's absolutely no call to but the more expensive version.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Laguna,

Thanks for the reply. I saw the complete SAC special edition (in play.com exclusive tin case!) and was wondering what the extra discs contained. I will definely stay away from that and get the 7 discs version.

Jimmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

I see play are saying that the first disc of the 2nd Gig is due for release on 24/01/2006.

Goody gumdrops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement