Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze Light "Router" problem (the black "box" they provide)

Options
  • 03-11-2005 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Forgive me for my ignorance on the subject, but I've recently been encountering a problem regarding opening ports for online gaming.

I'll copy the post I originally posted in security, to give a little bit of background on the issue.
    Hey folks, just a bit of a problem I'm having with what appears to be my firewall.

Basically, I'm trying to get an online game of Football Manager going with some of the lads in the Football Management forum and they can all connect to the server but I can't. Apparently for the game you need to have ports 10093 and 10094 open, but I have no idea how to do this or check if this is already done.

I'm using Windows 2000, and I'm not sure if there is an inbuilt firewall or not, because I don't have one installed otherwise. I'm using Irish Broadband and am directly hooked up, no routers.

If you could just let me know how to check if those ports are open and/or how to open them if they are closed I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
    JoeSoap.

Anyway, I was directed here by someone who told me it may be a problem/issue with the IBB "router" or "box". Can anyone tell me a way of finding out for sure and/or point me in the direction of fixing it? Thanks a million in advance,

Mark.

Other thread

Advertisement