Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvP Gold Irish servers

Options
  • 23-09-2001 11:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows any servers running AVPG in ireland or UK?? Anyone use gamespy...What do you think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

No, such thing really. somebody has to host ... best advice ... get on IRC and ask around ... very few AvP games going at the moment anyway. unfortunately, I've been stuck with skirimish games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I went on that and played a game against UKers on Cable.
    They weren't particularly good, even with their lpbness.
    i was marine and they(two of em) were aliens.
    I was on 200 ping. One was on 30 about and the other (host)was on 0, from what ic ould see, though it did spike a bit.
    I was r4ped, no lying, but just not badly enough considering these ppl had obviously played AvP online before AND they were on Cable, AND one of em was the host AND they were Aliens AND I was a marine.
    The map was the one with the giant Alien queen staue, really dark and lots of corridors and gangways. i know it was a big map.
    I used the Pulse rifle and grenade launcher mainly. Just trying to kill em on splash damage.
    I reckon i got about 10 kills to their combined ~23ish.
    The copnnection went down and my PC crashed.
    I haven't played another online game of avp since.
    Rebellion really should have released a dedicated server patch/add-on.
    [ RANT ]
    I've also noticed that alot of UK players are shiot. Either I'm cursed with joining newbie-servers (the higher penetration per capita of PCs in the UK - hence possible newbies) or they just can't play ;)
    On the Irish CS servers, aside from newbies and muppets, the quality of gaimng a sheer skill on display is amazing and pride inspiring tbh :)
    Éireann Abú!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [ /RANT ]
    (yes i know there are lots of excellent Uk players)

Advertisement