Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I alone?

Options
  • 03-11-2005 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭parker larkin

No you are not alone, I assure you. PLus I know plenty of straight girls who like to see their fella doing a bit of cross dressing in the bedroom.
    Are you hurting anyone?
    Are you hurting yourself?
    if not, then it is your business baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Truly_You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I wouldn't say it's that unusual.
    When I was 23 all I could think about was getting into women's lingerie.;)

Seriously though your'e not hurting anyone and plenty of people get their jollies that way. Just be a little circumspect how you approach it with new partners. Not everybody will share your enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Just be warned that your bum will still look big in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Truly_You

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

No you are not alone, I assure you. PLus I know plenty of straight girls who like to see their fella doing a bit of cross dressing in the bedroom.

I'm sorry but my the majority of my straight friends and myself (straight also) would find that weird. You're obviously indulging your feminine side so I would think that you were either gay or at least bisexual. If you were straight and liked wearing women's underwear then that would be even weirder. You never said which way you were inclined cause it makes a difference in how you doing that would be perceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

If you were straight and liked wearing women's underwear then that would be even weirder.

Actually, if you interview most transvestites and crossdressers you'll find most identify as straight males.

Aoife - the suppository of information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

dunno what the OP asked anymore!
    crossdressing is usually a fetish and has nothing to do with sexual orientation

I'd understand it less as some one getting in touch with ther "feminine" side as some one looking for some escape from the "burdens" of masculinity as they experience it.
    As a weak example many many men are frustrated by not being able to reveal feeling and emotion in a way that is healthy. Crossdressing allows then take on a new role for a while, one with different constraints from society.

Of course some of it is just curiosity, or wanting to expereince different things.

to get back to the OP its entirely harmless, though again people's ignorance can cause problems.

There are times no doubt when it might be part of some one's struggle with sexual orientation, but I think more often , in the extreme , its some one wanting (if only for a short time ) to be some one else rather than something else.

On a different note entirely, i remember one Good Friday, which always seems so long and boring, spending hours helping my flatmate indulge in wanting to try out drag. It was great fun, and healthy and bonding. Nothing sinister at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Unfortunately, this is a Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual forum, any transgender issues would probably be better suited in the Personal Issues forum, I'm pretty sure you can post anonymously there too.

Rozie wrote:
    Unfortunately, this is a Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual forum, any transgender issues would probably be better suited in the Personal Issues forum, I'm pretty sure you can post anonymously there too.

Comes across, to me, a little like "they closed the thread but I AM NOT finished"

How is crossdressing anything to do with transgender ? very surprised at you. Well ok, a little surprised.
    Though you are right. Yes some one said you were right. It's little to do with LGB, more personal issues/sexual

• Advertisement

Comes across, to me, a little like "they closed the thread but I AM NOT finished"

How is crossdressing anything to do with transgender ? very surprised at you. Well ok, a little surprised.
    Though you are right. Yes some one said you were right. It's little to do with LGB, more personal issues/sexual

Of course crossdressing is part of transgender issues, but since you seemingly know so little, I'm not surprised.

Transgender issues in general came under heavy mod-endorsed fire, whatever sugar you try to **** on it. Would anyone question Gay, Lesbian, or Bisexual motives in anywhere near the same way? No, and excuses and technicality won't change that. The issue is still "up for grabs" and is to be kept away from "Serious" Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual issues.

And beyond the initial supportive faces, if this board can't understand transsexuality, it's probably not going to be much better on transvestites.

I really think, either way, this is better suited in the Personal Interests forum. I'm guessing he thought that peple on a GLB(not T) board would be a little more tolerant, but I think Personal Issues is that way to go - most of the people who would go there probably have some real interest in helping rather than describing your case back at you.

Most crossdressers are in fact straight, coupled with the fact that this board has no interest or care for T affairs, would mean it's your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Oh for fcsks sake.

Rozie wrote:
    Of course crossdressing is part of transgender issues, but since you seemingly know so little, I'm not surprised.

I guess I should of known better than to respond to such a bigoted person as yourself. If any one need an example of Irony they can cite the prejudice and ignorance of Rozie as she wails about the prejudice and ignorance she experiences.

You are the first person in a long time to tell me I seemngly know so little. How the **** do you know what I do or don't have knowledge on or of?

I'd repeat the question asking how is crossdressing related to transgender issues, but endless repetition is your forte.

As an exercise read up on "crossdressing" and see who is more correct, me with my understanding of it as experiementation, or fetish, or exploration, or escapism from societal pressures, or you and your increasingly deluded ramblings.

For brevity I didn't extend the idea to what psychologists call "life scripts" where a person "writes" in their head how life should be lived,, based on what they see and their own, and others, emotional response to events . some people's might script female roles like mother or sister, or individual incidences in an alternate way so that as an adult to reproduce the enjoymentor safety or otherneed that was met in th past they need to replay the script with props ( similar to fetishism) But then I seemingly know so little

You must find it extremely lonely on that pedestal you've stood yourself upon. Its extremely difficult to be moderate in response to your attitude, but I continue to believe you need professional assistance and I would recommend you take that step as continuing as you are can only lead to loneliness frustration and bitterness

PAX

I guess I should of known better than to respond to such a bigoted person as yourself.

I'm bigoted now? Care to prove how? Or are you just flinging around terms without really giving a **** how ridiculous they sound?
    If any one need an example of Irony they can cite the prejudice and ignorance of Rozie as she wails about the prejudice and ignorance she experiences.

Yeah, a big smile must have come across your face when you finally got the hold you wanted on me: My Prejudice and Ignorance! Which... is entirely created by you.
    You are the first person in a long time to tell me I seemngly know so little. How the **** do you know what I do or don't have knowledge on or of?

You said crossdressing/transvestitism isn't part of transgender issues. That's a pretty big indication. And you know, I can kind of tell stuff from stuff you say too. Interesting how we now side step the fact that you called me a bigot with absolutely no backing whatsoever. Oh look, a minority is a bigot. It's so rare it MUST be true!
    I'd repeat the question asking how is crossdressing related to transgender issues, but endless repetition is your forte.

First you claim I can't possibly know what you do and don't know, and now you prove me right?
    As an exercise read up on "crossdressing" and see who is more correct, me with my understanding of it as experiementation, or fetish, or exploration, or escapism from societal pressures, or you and your increasingly deluded ramblings.

I despise your type of person, that takes a moral high ground against "Unruly" people such as myself and ends up being the smuggest of gits. "Deluded Ramblings". You don't give a **** if I have or don't have a good point or not, you just sit there putting words in my mouth like the good little aggrovator you are.
    For brevity I didn't extend the idea to what psychologists call "life scripts" where a person "writes" in their head how life should be lived,, based on what they see and their own, and others, emotional response to events . some people's might script female roles like mother or sister, or individual incidences in an alternate way so that as an adult to reproduce the enjoymentor safety or otherneed that was met in th past they need to replay the script with props ( similar to fetishism) But then I seemingly know so little

I don't care. Throwing in various psycho-ideas doesn't mean you have the first clue on transgenderism.
    You must find it extremely lonely on that pedestal you've stood yourself upon.

Jesus, will you look at yourself! Talk about pedastals, you're the one who's standing on one so high it's up your own arse. You talk down to me constantly, treat me like ****, put words in mouth, exagerrate things I say just to fit your own sick little notions of superiority. Your holier than though attitude is annoying as ****, especially for someone that accuses me of a holy crusade of my own. I think people treat TS badly, and that includes people who refuse to go out with those who they could be physically attracted to but won't because of prejudice and similiar reasons which ARE common. These are my views, at worst it's just an opinion.
    People only did so far as to prove me right. Their refusal to be open minded based on people like you accusing me of forcing my beliefs as soon as I challenged their ideas which they didn't even provide a base for is one of the stupidest things I've ever encountered.

But you insist I'm "Deluded", and other such crap that makes me look nuts and you look just. I might not be the most emotionally balanced person in the world, but I know when I smell a rat.
    Its extremely difficult to be moderate in response to your attitude,

This pretentious masquerade "calm" bugs the **** out of me too. But I know the mods buy into it tons. I don't. At the end of the day, it makes you look good and me look bad. But at least I know.

Masks and deceit are powerful tools.
    but I continue to believe you need professional assistance and I would recommend you take that step as continuing as you are can only lead to loneliness frustration and bitterness

And here we have the classic "I'm a Doctor. You need help". Or, you need to stop being an asshole. No amount of treatment I get will change the way you act.

No, this is without a doubt the nastiest, ****tiest treatment I've ever gotten on an LGB(but definitely not T) board which is why I'm frustrated. Not that you'd ever accept that as a remote possibility.

I won't claim to be sorry for taking it over to another topic. Maybe if you'd stop acting like arrogant monkies just because I don't ignore every blow I'd respect you back.

Otherwise, this forum has proven it does not care about trans issues, and holds them in nowhere near the same regard. You keep coming up with bull**** reasons and technicalities, but it doesn't change that such a debate putting homosexuality or bisexuality up for grabs wouldn't have been tolerated.

Whether you want to admit it or not(which involved trying to make me out to be a paranoid, delusional child, since that's the easiest way to get people to ignore me), this is discrimination, and I don't stand for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Lets not hijack this thread with a topic which has just been locked.

Lets not hijack this thread with a topic which has just been locked.

Actually, normally I'd 100% agree with you. But I was originally making a perfectly valid point, even if it was a little snide, and I think it was insulting that the topic was closed on Hmm Messiah's "Post" in agreeance with it, which is not only taking sides in moderation far too much for my liking, but, well, his post was pretty much just a whole load of baseless slander. And then he has the nerve to say "Comes across, to me, a little like "they closed the thread but I AM NOT finished"".

As soon as people start holding TS in the same regard they hold everything else, THEN I'll shut up. It's completely and utterly blatant that you don't and I'm tired of the worming arounds and the lies and all the rubbish. However way I'm acting doesn't change the regard in which you hold a minority, nor to the way you treat someone based on it.

If you're going to say how much you think I'm not a girl, then I'm entitled to make a judgement call on you back. That does not mean I am forcing things, but there were many comments that were indeed forcing things made in that topic that people just plain ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Okay, this discussion was deemed over. We're just running round and round in circles again. And since the original poster deemed fit to sabotage the thread by editing out his/her posts (again), I'm locking this thread.

Not that I don't love reading piles of essays

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement