Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Philips DVD-RW issue - PLEASE HELP !!!

• 03-11-2005 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I've just installed Windows 2000 (previously XP) and my philips dvdrw824 drive is not being detected as a DVD burner. It came with a Nero OEM cd , but this only contains the drivers for 98. It previously worked with XP, because XP had it's own drivers for it.
    Does anyone know where I can get drivers for this drive ??

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Anyone have any suggestions ??? I've spent 2 hours trawling through search engines and my head is sore :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the adaptec/roxio software only supported some drives regardless of the version of windows.

which version of Nero ?
    www.marxcomputers.ie do one for €10

http://www.upgrade.philips.com/fwu_dvdrw_site/faq.htm firmware - might as well leave the link here in case some searches for that.

what does it say in when you look at the properties in device manager ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Have you tried using the XP driver? Or reading the manual ...?

the adaptec/roxio software only supported some drives regardless of the version of windows.

which version of Nero ?
    www.marxcomputers.ie do one for €10

http://www.upgrade.philips.com/fwu_dvdrw_site/faq.htm firmware - might as well leave the link here in case some searches for that.

what does it say in when you look at the properties in device manager ?

I've updated it's firmware to the latest version, I think it's 3.3.

Philips own website isn't up to much. I had a look earlier.

The driver it's using is the actual Windows one , even though the device is being recognised in the device manager as the DVDRW 824.

Karoma wrote:
    Have you tried using the XP driver? Or reading the manual ...?

You can't use an Windows XP driver if the OS isn't installed. I'm not even going to bother answering the second part of your post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

K-TRIC wrote:
    You can't use an Windows XP driver if the OS isn't installed. I'm not even going to bother answering the second part of your post.
    rofl

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

XP supports writing to CD

2000 doesn't - so your application ( NERO ) must support the writing ability of it and as I've said other CD burning software doesn't support all drives - check the NERO website ahead or something and patch it and check compatibility notes.

If 2000 just reads from the DVD that's all you would expect it to do.

XP supports writing to CD

2000 doesn't - so your application ( NERO ) must support the writing ability of it and as I've said other CD burning software doesn't support all drives - check the NERO website ahead or something and patch it and check compatibility notes.

If 2000 just reads from the DVD that's all you would expect it to do.

I patched Nero up to the latest version, it's working fine now. Even though Win 2k is still showing my drive as a cdrom drive. Strange :p , but thats MS for ya !!.

Thanks Capt'n, appreciate your help.

Advertisement