Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft MCE keyboard problems

Options
  • 04-11-2005 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

Am in the process of putting together my first HTPC,

Specs are as follows: MCE 2005 (fully patched), Silverstone SST-LC03, P4 3.2, 1gb DDR 3200 mem, 200gb & 250gb sata hdds, Plextor PX-716A DVD±RW burner, Ati Radeon 9600SE (fanless) and a Sapphire Theatrix Theatre 550 PRO tv card (which comes with a Cyberlink remote & IR receiver)

Anyway apart from not too great TV reception & DVD playback problems, my main problem is the Microsoft MCE keyboard. Basically I can't get it to work with the PC. I have it setup to control my TV & the cyberlink remote works great with the PC so I know all IR devices can see each other except, the KB & the IR receiver. I'm thinking that they aren't compatible & that I need a Microsoft remote & receiver. So can anyone help me out with this because it's getting near to the point where the whole feckin' thing goes out the window. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Conlai

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

As you mentioned and AFAIK the MCE keyboard uses the same receiver as the MCE remote. And you can only get the receiver if you buy the remote...

So yes i think you need to buy the remote...

Advertisement