Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting read!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

is this some sort of antisemitic conspiracy claptrap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

*sigh*

This comes up every so often.
    I use it as a stupidity filter.

*adds OP to ignorelist*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

KnowItAll wrote:
    Here is an interesting read.
    http://martinlutherking.org/ma-chapter18.html
    Hope it'll awaken you!

im busy, can you summerise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    *sigh*

This comes up every so often.
    I use it as a stupidity filter.

*adds OP to ignorelist*
    Did you read it? It seperates the people who don't know whats happening from the people who do.

RuggieBear wrote:
    is this some sort of antisemitic conspiracy claptrap?
    I'm glad you raised this issue. The article tells why antisemitic conspiracies are always mentioned when anybody says anything about the Jews!

• Advertisement

David Duke is an unwashed dickhead who has been spouting anti-jewish ****e for donkeys years. maybe that is why one would summise it is anti-sametic. or maybe that is just me.

I notice at the end of the first article he is pissing and moaning about white americans being dispossessed. alright for whites to dispossess the native american though.

Everything he is claiming the jews are doing to americans, the white man has done to the native american. and he has the balls to call the jews hypocrits.

David Duke is an unwashed dickhead who has been spouting anti-jewish ****e for donkeys years. maybe that is why one would summise it is anti-sametic. or maybe that is just me.

I notice at the end of the first article he is pissing and moaning about white americans being dispossessed. alright for whites to dispossess the native american though.

Everything he is claiming the jews are doing to americans, the white man has done to the native american. and he has the balls to call the jews hypocrits.
    I'm glad you mentioned whites and Indians.

David Duke was on the last word radio (today FM 5pm-7pm) show with Matt Cooper and Cooper thought he could win the debate (he's supposed to be neutral!) with Duke. Duke was winning hands down (this is because he used facts) when Cooper asked him about the native American Indians and how they are nearly extinct because of the white man's arrival. Cooper was taken aback when Duke agreed with him. Duke then said to Cooper that Cooper was just after proving his point. What happened to the native Americans in the past is happening to white people now and he dosn't want it to happen!

Cooper was left speechless and I hope I'm after proving a point to you and anybody who reads this. It's ok to worry about the native Indians but not about the whites. This is the propaganda the media dishes out and it's what the article is about.

I see alot of people are saying it's all bull but I'll listen to you people when you come up with facts because the articles deal with facts and these facts cannot be denied.

Then tell me this then. Why does he feel that the white man is entitled to live in America if it originally belonged to the native American. why doesn't he shag off back to Europe where his race came from.

Nah, he'd rather stay in the US exploiting kids link to promote his hate ridden cause.

If he really felt that way he would be promoting a cause where all whites went back to where they came from and left the continental united states to its original inhabitants.

For people like you and him, it is easier to critisise the Jews for getting up off their arses and making a few pounds, while fat whites sit around doing nothing.

The media in the US is deregulated. David Duke is free to set up a right wing media group if he so chooses. Look at Air America link. It was set up by a group of people who were not happy with the fact that the radio market was dominated by right wing people, so they set up a politically liberal slanted media outlet. In its two years in business it has syndicated programming out to 70 stations.

To claim that the media is dominated by the jews is bull****. plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

KnowItAll wrote:

I see alot of people are saying it's all bull but I'll listen to you people when you come up with facts because the articles deal with facts and these facts cannot be denied.

facts are about as useful as statistics, depending in which context you put them in.
    and like statistics, you can shine a light on facts that you can twist anyway at all.

what exactly is the point of the link, and the point of your thread?

KnowItAll wrote:
    Fair enough.
    It's a fact that a black mans o negative blood will run my body just as good as a whitemans o negative.Thats good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Earthman wrote:
    Fair enough.
    It's a fact that a black mans o negative blood will run my body just as good as a whitemans o negative.Thats good enough for me.

but, surely it will change the colour away from red.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

The article in question starts off reasonably ok as a critcism of the Israeli state, but therefter goes into cuckoo land.

IMO Israel is a racist state, set up through a mixture of guilt and guile. The country is a functioning democracy, but only if you're jewish. What Duke says about the jews being a self interested people is correct. That, however, is not a fault in itself, but to preach to others that they must be tolerant when the israelis themselves are clearly not is hypocritical.

THe problem with criticising Israel, is that most will immediately censure you for being anti-semitic. I'm not anti semitic, in fact I'm not even anti -israeli (as in people)..., i'm anti israeli state. It is a pariah and the cause of endless disruption in the middle east, although not its only cause. However, the US is its strongest supporter, so the country is there to stay.

as for duke in general, can you try and find a better argument against his thoughts other than, look what the white-man did to the indians. that is not relevant and is, frankly, a bit of an idiotic agrgument. the wrongs of one people do not excuse the wrongs of another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

KnowItAll wrote:

Are you suggesting that nowhere in this article does the author offer his interpretation of the facts?

Nowhere does he offer less than all the salient facts, and nowhere does he tell us implications of facts?

Goodness. I'm impressed. He must be right then. No question.

I particularly liked this bit.
    The eccentric woman in the Citizens Council office, who railed about the Jews and Communism, obviously had some of her facts right, even if she seemed to fit the media stereotype of the anti-Semite.

The unspoken implication being that anti-Semitic arguments are somehow seperate from factual content, and therefore that arguments which make use of fact are not anti-Semitic.

And if you think I'm reading a lot into that, tell me if you see any difference in the following depiction of the same event, where I'll change just one word.
    The eccentric woman in the Citizens Council office, who railed about the Jews and Communism, obviously had some of her facts wrong, even if she seemed to fit the media stereotype of the anti-Semite.

Now, unless the author meant that all of her facts were correct, but some were just not obviously correct...both of these statements would be identical in accuracy. Do they suggest the same thing to you though, bearing in mind my comments above?

Facts are worthless without interpretation. Interpretation allows for implication - spoken and unspoken.

Now this seems completely off-topic, but I do have a reason for posting it. If you're not willing to allow for the possibility that the author may be wrong, despite dealing in facts, then discussion is a wasted effort.

jc

Advertisement