Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Down?

• 04-11-2005 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having problems with IBB tonight?

(not the usuall slowness)

my conection is up and down like a yoyo and totally dead now

back to dial up woohoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It went out for me at 00:02 and came back 00:22. I have automatic failover to Eircom ADSL so it doesn't really bother me. In fact, I generally notice a significant speed improvement whenever this happens...

It failed yesterday morning for about twenty minutes as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Wish I had dsl to fall back on :D

Thanks

It just went down again. They're probably doing maintenance.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I look forward to a thread IBB UP! :rolleyes:

so are we up or down? i don't fancy the walk up the stairs for nothing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Well mine completely died but now it's working properly.
    Properly as in pages are actually loading straight away as opposed to 10 minutes.
    Tracing route to www.boards.ie [82.195.136.250]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  DN02-fe-1-3-1-150-3rock.irishbroadband.ie [62.23
    1.33.17]
      2     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  DN03-as1-0-tallaght.irishbroadband.ie [62.231.52
    .186]
      3     2 ms     3 ms     2 ms  DN42-as1-0-ibis-access.irishbroadband.ie [62.231
    .52.134]
      4     2 ms     3 ms    13 ms  DN42-ae0-13-ibis-gw.irishbroadband.ie [83.141.11
    7.45]
      5    23 ms     8 ms     4 ms  panama-inex.hosting365.ie [193.242.111.87]
      6     5 ms     8 ms     8 ms  corerouter1.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.7]
      7    10 ms   522 ms    31 ms  boards.ie [82.195.136.250]

Trace complete.

Did they actually fix it?
    Downloading over HTTP at 96KB/s.

Ping statistics for 82.195.136.250:
    Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 628ms, Average = 41ms

Ping is still a bit crap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Same thing keeps happening me. Not going to write a massive post in case its down when I finish...

I noticed the much improved speeds when it came back too, probably just because people have switched it off?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Same thing keeps happening me. Not going to write a massive post in case its down when I finish...

I noticed the much improved speeds when it came back too, probably just because people have switched it off?

People gone to bed with a pain their backsides i'd say

I dunno even at night (2am - 4am) when you would expect less contention my connection was still next to unusable for the last 16 days or so. I haven't had pages load this fast at all especially not boards which was almost unusable.

It's back again. I haven't seen 12ms pings to boards.ie in a very long time. I'd say a lot of users have been cut off. I'm getting amazing speeds too. Amazing as in the advertised speeds.

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote:
    I dunno even at night (2am - 4am) when you would expect less contention my connection was still next to unusable for the last 16 days or so. I haven't had pages load this fast at all especially not boards which was almost unusable.

Which high sight are you using?

Blaster99 wrote:
    It's back again. I haven't seen 12ms pings to boards.ie in a very long time. I'd say a lot of users have been cut off. I'm getting amazing speeds too. Amazing as in the advertised speeds.

All I can say is enjoy it while it lasts! Download away!

3Rock.

I'm half expecting to wake up tomorrow morning and it'll be in a state all over again.

Makaveli wrote:
    3Rock.

I'm half expecting to wake up tomorrow morning and it'll be in a state all over again.

I'm fully expecting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

did you guys not get the memo?
    Subject: All internet connectivity will be unavailable this Friday 4th Nov 2005 between the hours of 12 midnight and 2am.

Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:33:10 -0000

Dear Customer,

Due to required maintenance on our network a planned network outage has been scheduled. All internet connectivity will be unavailable this Friday 4th Nov 2005 between the hours of 12 midnight and 2am. Although we have outlined a 2 hour maintenance window it is envisaged that this work will take no longer than 60 minutes.

We apologise for the short notice and any inconvenience that this may cause, but assure you that the work being performed is necessary. We will make every effort to keep downtime to a minimum and would ask that you bear with us while we perform this essential maintenance.

Thank you for your time.

Irish Broadband Customer Services

Was down for almost exactly 1 hour.

Didn't get that no. Hope this "work" has worked miracles and given us some improvement!

Didn't get that either all they send me are invoices.
    They never reply to my emails, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

had 2 downloads going solid at 76Kb/s and one at 40.
    It seems to be spiking atm, one second all are going full whack at 180k (On 2 meg line) and then drop to nothing. Oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

i didnt have any connection loss in the last 24hrs, though my latency and packet loss problems seem to be less of a problem now, bandwidth is still crap though (in the d16 area which i think traffic is all routed to the same place as the d15 area)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

After it came back I got great speeds up at the 180k mark so I even got to get my email for the first time in 2 weeks. But then it went back to 40k this morning when I got up. Even when I was getting those good speeds down my upload was really bad stil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Yeah I went down last night as well after 12ish. But after restarting the radio, it was still the same.. well ok I was getting a HUGH 30kb/s on my 3meg line :rolleyes:

Shame.. I was holding out hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

After 5 weeks, Siac mast back up to speed.
    880kbps

How long will this last.

Confidence in IBB is long gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Stark

dub45 wrote:
    I look forward to a thread IBB UP! :rolleyes:

Let's have a "Post here if you're online" thread! :rolleyes:
    pete wrote:
    did you guys not get the memo?

Good to know it was planned, and hopefully went towards improving our connections. Though I'm 99% sure I never received that memo.

I`ll check when I get home today and see if mine is up to speed. I doubt it.

Well as expected it has dropped considerably in speed for me again.
    Pages while not as slow to load are still slow and I'm averaging 41KB/s on the 2mb connection. Which is better than my old 6KB/s but it drops in and out when it feels like it.

And just wait till it hits 6pm tonight and ye will be back to the 6k dloads.

Bah, I don't need to wait it's back down to 15KB/s on torrents and crawling on HTTP yet again.

What mast are ya on it sounds like a D15 mast, but then it could be 3 rock or the black beer mast.

I'm in Clonsilla and getting 2/3 download and full upload speeds for the first time in AGES. Hurrah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

I very nearly thrashed the gaff last night cause it was so slow at about 11pm. But low and behold, I'm getting the quickest I've ever got from MY RIPWAVE. What happens after 6 on a Friday to slow things down by the way?

Advertisement