Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice broadband

• 04-11-2005 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi,

Am getting broadband in the new house (Ashbourne) choices I've been able to find are those using the phone line (might go for digiweb seem most reasonable price) or Ice broadband. Has anyone used Ice and are they any good

Cheers

Eddie

COME ON IBB YE BOYA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ive never heard of them. Must be new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I never heard back from them after they told me they'd be up and running in Swords in three weeks - that was nearly 6 months ago..........might just have been a bad experience while they were getting going, but I haven't heard of anyone actually using them here......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

I use Ice in Celbridge. Got a 2Mbps down and 528 down. Was very slow in evenings/weekends but complained once and has been fine since |(but don't know what they did). Using http://www.onspeed.com/en/speed_test.php
    comes in average 1.5MBps and using http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/ averages 900 kps. Ice (obviously) use first link as their benchmark.

Very effecient re installation...called Thurs, line of sight test Fri, installed arial, up and going Tues afternoon (with wireless router set up and done for me also). Only downsides are arial on roof (is ugly) and a tad expensive for package. Was a previous post that might help on your decision...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=284342&page=3&pp=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Great service. My only gripe is its a little on the expensive side when compared to others.
    I would have gone for another service based soley on price if i could have but i cant complain about the level of service and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Thanks all for the info esp higster, have decided to go with Ice as the cost of getting a phone line is just way to much for internet alone

Thanks again

Eddie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I have Icecomms and they are slowly getting worse and worse. At the moment, my connection is about half the speed it should be and my pings are well into the hundreds. To start off with they were great but it seems like they are becoming another IBB. I logged a fault yesterday hoping it would be fixed today but I didn't even a response. To be honest, I would say if you can get broadband through a fixed line rather than icecomms I would because it is fairly expensive and for the quality of service it isn't worth it. I would rather pay the line rental and get a reliable service but alas I can't.

Advertisement