Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

modem acting the bolix

• 12-01-2000 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I HAVE A PCASE EXTERNAL 56K
    woops!
    after xmas i tok my modem to another pc to see if their connection was ok
    i came back and hooked up the modem
    now a lot of the time when im trying to get a connection to either indigo or eircom i keep getting a constant beeping..kinda like an engaged tone.
    not sure if their servers are actually full or whatthe story is, or is it something to do with the modem.
    just wondering if anyone is getting the same thing.
    if so, is there any freebie providers that ppl recommend for gaming coz indigo is ****e and eircom is the only one that gives me a half decent ping
    also, thinking of getting esat no limits next month
    is it worth it, or should i wait to see what the outcome of the bt takeover is likely, or will that take some time to take effect do you think/
    anyway, back to the modem, is it just the modem or he connection?
    i have reinstalled the stupid thing a few times. it wont reinstall the wavtable for some reason, but the actuall modem drivers are fine
    also, it keeps coming up as modem #2. no matter what i do.
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dunno about the modem m8. Wouldn't say it's the drivers though. Try another modem?

Esat No-limits is **** at the mo. Lots of disconnects and slow connect speeds. I'm gonna stick with them cos a little bird told me that they've had a huge increase in subscribers and are expanding their capacity as we speak.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh.... I connect first time, every time with Esat no limits. I usually get good pings with minimal packet loss on IGN's servers too, and pretty fast downloads.

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i figured the same myself
    specially after the christmas influx of newbies on the net.....
    its just really annoying having to try to connect for about 10 minutes before getting on.
    if only i could find a provider that could give steady pings and accessibility.
    eircom used to do that, but i find theres a lot of dissing now.
    kinda annoying as indgo is crap for games

Advertisement