Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IS DeVore around ?

• 24-09-2001 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Lads is DeVore around at the moment or has he sneaked away for some R'n'R.

If he has can an admin contact me by email, I have an issue on the Humanities board that I need your help with.

Cheers,

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Assuming your talking about that moron Smedley, get Regi to 12 click him if Dev's not about - until then just delete all his posts or edit them in an amusing and insulting manner :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm on it. I'm reviewing Smedley so dont delete or alter his posts (ill do it once you bring them to my attention).

Contrary to popular opinion I'm very loath to 12 click where there isnt a cut and dried case. Smedleys getting the scissors and the hairdryer out at the moment...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK Dev,

I will do that. I will also forward on the complaints that Smedley send about me to me (I don't think he realised he was doing it) using the "report this post" link to clog up your email further. It may give you further insight into this charming individual and the respect he shows other people.

Cheers,

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Smedley are you really from Old Town, Alexandria??

I used to a be a Chevy Chase, MD boy meself - just over western Avenue in NW Wash. DC. I know Old Town well- my sister still has alot friends in that area!

Sorry lads to go OT:)

Originally posted by Smedley

Look -- I find the actions of your "moderators" abysmal. Forget the FACT that they've lied bold-faced bout my actions, deleted posts that points out, with particularity, their duplicity.

I think you should put "in your opinion lied". As far as I'm concerned I was right.

From your previous posts last week I proved you to be an abusive racist (the proof is in your posts). Dev has decided to give you another chance.
    I can't even be allowed to make a reasonable request for an end to the most egregious rhetoric and a start on polite dialog.

Well considering the content of your original posts are you surprised at this. I have posted a warning on the board regarding insults (specifically blades one that you complained about in your normal friendly style) but looks like it was not heeded.
    Look -- either boot my tail for something I've done worthy of getting the boot ... or put your "moderators" on a leash.

Nice and diplomatic again smedley, I really love your style. That kind of in your face statement will make you lots of friends here.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I know Bethesda well- I use to spend my summers @ the United Artists Cinema- Is that still there?? And goin to the Hamburger Hamlet / Pizzaria Uno and Red Lobster for some chow down!

How come your hangin out on these boards- do you've any Irish in ye?? It seems you haven't made yourself very endearing or am I misreading the situation ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

erm WTF is the deal with spamming every thread smedley.

Also, calling Castor Troy names is not a good way to get your point across.

Smedley I have proven what I have said about you already. As for feeling victimised etc what do you expect you joined the boards and began insulting people left right and centre (this has been proven by me) from day one.

Remember first impressions last, and everyones first impression of you is that you are an abusive racist (proven from what you have posted, although you may not be one in real life).

Now as far as I'm concerned the Boards would be a better place without you at this moment. DeVore has decided to give you a 2nd chance and I respect his decision as I have known him for around 6 years and I know that he has strong views on censorship etc., plus this is also his & Clouds baby.

As regarding the fact I deleted some of your posts I did so before DeVore decided to give you a 2nd chance, at that stage I expected your account to be terminated.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sir amp amperson,
    Games and Webmaster boards,
    Boards.ie

Dear Smedley,
    Quite the irony!

By Jove! No wonder these caddish monitors have censorized and castigated you old chap. Quite clearly they are not of ones esteemed calibre! By jiggers, they have neither the fortitude nor the eloquence expected of their position.

Perhaps you and other right-minded personages could find a more civilised abode in which to exchange intelligent discourse without harrassment from these wretched toadies?

Yours Sincerely,
    amp

P.S. Chocs away old bean! Take precautions not to let the door hit one on the posterior as one make ones leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by amp
    Chocs away old bean! Take precautions not to let the door hit one on the posterior as one make ones leave.

Well played that man, jolly good show I say!

• Advertisement

deargod.jpg

Originally posted by Smedley

No you have not. You've simply claimed to and mysteriously left out anything pertaining to your accusation. Again -- you might have provided clear proof here and now...but you did not.

smed [/B]

What about yours racist comments ok here goes....

Heres a quote of your from the following thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31131&perpage=25&pagenumber=3
    You know, I find a culture that burns the clits off their young girls, promotes honor killings for the crime of a daughter talking to a non-family member, permits the buggering of young boys and sanctions the killing of those who don't share their particular values pretty damn offensive.

Again while certain countries or areas may practise some of the above you made a generalised statement about Arabs which is racist.

As regards anti Irish I regarded the Comments made about UN soldiers anti-Irish as Irish soldiers have died trying to keep peace in the very area of the world you are ranting about, also any insulting comments about Europe (which you did make) are about Irish people as well (I'm sure such a well educated individual such as yourself knows Ireland is part of Europe!).

As for the spamming of your message on the Humanities board that was out of order and will be dealt with.

You really are trying your best to make friends out of the moderators on these boards by posting piccies like that. I think your last post invalides any sentiment you have expressed in your thread titled "A modest proposal ".

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Sharkey

Originally posted by gandalf

What about yours racist comments ok here goes....

"You know, I find a culture that burns the clits off their young girls, promotes honor killings for the crime of a daughter talking to a non-family member, permits the buggering of young boys and sanctions the killing of those who don't share their particular values pretty damn offensive. "

Again while certain countries or areas may practise some of the above you made a generalised statement about Arabs which is racist.

erm, the quote of yours doesnt appear on at your hyperlink. Enneyway looking at the quote you attribute to smedley, there's nothing to support your case that he's commenting on Arabs in general. In fact, he doesn't appear to comment on Arabs at all. More it appears that he's commenting on extremist muslims. Arabs do include various Christian sects, none of which do any of that nasty stuff.

As muslims aren't a race, but members of a religion, this cannot be fairly construed as a racist comment. In fact, look at your quote. smedey says that he finds a particular culture offensive, not a race.

As regards anti Irish I regarded the Comments made about UN soldiers anti-Irish as Irish soldiers have died trying to keep peace in the very area of the world you are ranting about, also any insulting comments about Europe (which you did make) are about Irish people as well (I'm sure such a well educated individual such as yourself knows Ireland is part of Europe!).
    Well, according to your logic anyone who makes anti-UN statements must necessarily be making anti-Irish statements. That's bloody silly. Ireland isn't the UN and the UN isn't Ireland last I heard. Using your logic, anyone making anti-American statements must be a raging anti-Irish lunatic as there are many more Americans of Irish descent there than cn be found in the UN. Certainly your well educated enough to realize that there are Irish in America. Based on smedley's pro-American comments, smedley must necessarily be very pro-Irish given the large number of Irish-Americans.

Still further following your logic, anyone making anti-extremist-muslim statements must be anti-Irish as I am sure there are at least a dozen sons and daughters of Erie that pray to Allah. Then again, given those same anti-extremist-muslim statemnts, smedley must be anti-American as there as Americans that are muslim. So is smedley pro-American or anti-American?

Bloody silly. Perhaps you should rethink your arguments

This is no longer a discussion topic.

Case Closed.

This is no longer a discussion topic.

Case Closed.

Why is it "cased closed"? Because you dont wish to face the subject matter? You made a harsh accusation. Someone asked you to back that accusation. So far you're attempts at explaining fall more than a bit short of reasonable. It is morally imperative for you to prove your case or apologise.

Its case closed because Smedley's afaic tell account has been removed. I wouldn't like to talk about him when he cannot reply.

Gandalf.

Its case closed because Smedley's afaic tell account has been removed. I wouldn't like to talk about him when he cannot reply.

Gandalf.
    So instead of making silly statements such as you have when smedley could reply, you deactivate his account, then make these statements. Not very sporting.

Your moral authority is sinking quickly, mate. Perhaps you could explain that anti-UN bit again.

Again I did not make any silly statements.

I did not deactive his account, I recommended that it be terminated, others made that decision even after smedley had a 2nd chance from them (which I did disagree with).

A person that has posted 3 posts here and saying my authority is sinking is a very unusual new member. A member whose first place of call is the Admin board is also a very unusual new member.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Sharkey

So instead of making silly statements such as you have when smedley could reply, you deactivate his account, then make these statements. Not very sporting.

Your moral authority is sinking quickly, mate. Perhaps you could explain that anti-UN bit again.

put some perspective on it please.

lets suppose you are right.
    im not saying you are, im not saying you arent.

but...
    lets say you are right.
    you are proving what here exactly?

this isnt a topic of debate.
    its about you being pedantic and trying to prove some sort of point. its too late my friend, the damage is done regardless of whatever point youve made. you are now redarged as trouble.
    you are mearly creating hassle where there should not be any.

go away and calm down and come back a nicer, less disruptive member of the boards.

and one more thing....
    It is morally imperative for you to prove your case or apologise.

or else what?

you'll stay around and annoy him some more?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Moderators cannot delete accounts, only administrators can (administrators are the people who own the site and operate it in terms of hosting, s/w etc).

Smedley was considered for a very long time to ensure that we were giving him every chance. I posted a warning about it and it was ignored.

In that warning I said I would unceremoniously kick people who did not express their opinion in a *civil* manner. Smedley chose to leave our community effectively.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Moderators cannot delete accounts, only administrators can (administrators are the people who own the site and operate it in terms of hosting, s/w etc).

Smedley was considered for a very long time to ensure that we were giving him every chance. I posted a warning about it and it was ignored.

In that warning I said I would unceremoniously kick people who did not express their opinion in a *civil* manner. Smedley chose to leave our community effectively.

DeV.

devore, youre so powerful.
    i love you :)

now, i must away to the pub and drunk beer all day.

Originally posted by Smedl...umm... Sharkey
    Not very sporting.

What ho! I concur! Not in the least sporting! Back on the amp estate we would give the bounder a damned good sporting chance before saddling up, putting on the jodpers and setting the dogs upon him!

Good heavens! Quick! Man the lifeboats! Women, children and peers of the realm first! GOD SAVE A QUEEN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

clap.gif
    oh i say, well played that man.

btw: Amp Test

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    and one more thing....

or else what?

you'll stay around and annoy him some more?

Well, so much for doing the right thing for the sake of merely doing the right thing. I guess truth has less importance these days.

DeV.
    Without needing to debate the other issues, what was your attitude about Smedley's statements. Anti-Irish or no?

If those statements were anti-Irish, then perhaps Gandalf has a case. If they are not, then, Gandalf clearly plays loose with the truth and Smedley clearly has a case.

By the way, that thread "Americans less human than Arabs" was shall we say, less than tasteful. The moderators here not only tolerated this offensive thread, but defended it. Then they self-righteously stomped the floor when someone threw an insult in response. "Don't get personal". How do you get more personal than posting and tolerating that sort of material?

Imagine someone seeing that who lost friends in the WTC. Perhaps they would be more than a little upset.

Imagine someone making comments like "British less human than NAZIs" to someone who saw the travesty after a run of V2 rockets? You'd get your head knocked off. Easy to say behind a pseudonym on a board, eh?

I saw that the BBC was full of one report after another about more Irish killing Irish. Basically feeding off each other for past hatreds no one can hardley remember the original reasons. Think someoneone who lost family (or the moderators) would tolerate "Irish Catholics less human than UDF"?

No, at worst, Smedley was reacting to the hostile and offensive posts of these enlightened and *snicker* polite Irish of yours as well as the blatant lies of a few of your moderators.

I can only imagine that you are smedley. No matter.

I didnt kick smedley because of his arguments so your points vis-a-vis Anti-Irish and US v Arab are therefore a side issue.

I will tolerate almost any civily put argument.

I consider calling people Euro-Mongoliods [sic] and other insults, along with abusing the moderator for doing his job, and finally for ignoring the warning I issued trying to calm the board down, as reason enough to ban you.

I'd like:
    1. For you to categorically state that you are Smedley or not.

2. For you to understand that it is NOT about the content of the argument but rather the way it is delivered.

DeV.

*extremely patriotic song in background*

Yea, for Smedley is now a exile to the ideals of truth and justice. His name maybe banned but his memory lives on! Evil monitorators may spread their blatent lies but we shall all remember Smedley!

And....1....2...3...

FREE!!!! SMEEEEDLEY!! FREE!!! SMEEEDLEY!!!!

Yes fokes, Smedley has been unjusticely and untruthfully banned from the boards.ie. Gather groups together and spread the word, raise money and write letters to Boards.ie politely demanding he be released from exile and allowed his democratic rights of freedom of speech.

Soon to come:
    Free Smedley - the t-shirt
    Free Smedley - the car bumper sticker
    Honk if you want Smedley free - the other car sticker
    Free Smedley - the toilet roll

I'm currently working on a website which highlights Smedleys horrific plight, if any web designers out there can do a Free Smedley logo that looks like it's floating over a lake please do.

But, you may ask yourselves, "amp, what can I, a mere pleb, do to Free Smedley?" Simple, buy the above goods, but if you could even just put "Free Smedley!" in your signature it would help spread the word.

Free Smedley!

Originally posted by amp
    Soon to come:

Free Smedley - the t-shirt
    smed-tshirt.jpg

Free Smedley - the car bumper sticker
    smed-bumper1.jpg

Free Smedley - the toilet roll
    smed-roll.jpg

• Advertisement

I can only imagine that you are smedley. No matter.

I didnt kick smedley because of his arguments so your points vis-a-vis Anti-Irish and US v Arab are therefore a side issue.

I will tolerate almost any civily put argument.

I consider calling people Euro-Mongoliods [sic] and other insults, along with abusing the moderator for doing his job, and finally for ignoring the warning I issued trying to calm the board down, as reason enough to ban you.

I'd like:
    1. For you to categorically state that you are Smedley or not.

2. For you to understand that it is NOT about the content of the argument but rather the way it is delivered.

DeV.

Look -- you'd assume correctly as to my identity.

Second -- I was fast trying to put aside the harsh rhetoric at the time of my banishment. I found it parculiar that the moderators kept erasing my proposal -- especially in light of YOUR demands.

Third -- let me put you on notice of a few things. Stating that Americans are less human than Arabs in light of the WTC attacks is anything but civil. Talk about a poor delivery!

Let me tell you about a few personal experiences. These aren't on the news stories as far as I know, these are things I know via direct experience or through friends who saw the WTC/pentagon attacks.

One dear dear friend of mine on the 101st floor of building #1 managed to call his wife and tell her "I love you" just before he died. He was trapped -- stairwells collapsed and smoke and fire encroaching. We don't know whether he burned to death or whether he jumped to escape the flames.

Another friend of mine on the 19th floor made it out, but remains in a state of shock. "It was raining glass and bodies", she said. From the lobby of bldg #1, she and her workmates ran ten blocks afraid to stop because the might start screaming. Her friend literally tripped over half a man, froze in panic and died when a few thousand tonnes of steel, concrete and glass came down.

As I rode the train from work to home, I ran into yet another friend who survived 9-11. He was on the 21st floor of bldg #2. He said as he raced down the stairwell, he saw the firefighters running up the stairwell with pickaxes in hand at about the 10th floor. Even on the 10th floor, the building was swaying 3-5 meters. He was sure the firefighters were running to their death. He was sure the firefighters knew it, but they selflessly went anyway.

Another man I know saw two men push a third wheelchair bound man out of building #2. Come to find out that these two fellows carried their friend down 60 or so flights of stairs risking their own lives in the process. The building came down minutes after their escape.

My wife was about 15 blocks away and she saw people blown out of the second building -- some in pieces and some fully aware of their imminent deaths 60 stories below. Talk about an emotional wreck -- that would be both of us -- her for what she saw and me because I didn't know if she was alive for 5 hours.

I didn't know if another of my best friends from the Pentagon lived for another day.

Other friends of mine -- volunteers -- slept on a hard floor for two weeks pulling body parts out of the rubble for 14 hours a day-- not bathing, hardly sleeping.

This is what I see.

So when I see some godforsaken a--hole posting some crap like "Americans less human than Arabs", I feel justified in taking this personally. If the punk who posted this had the stones to say it to my face, I'd wipe the floor with him. "Fighting words" is the only appropriate term I can think of.

There is zero excuse for that sort of vile crap. Even less of an excuse by those pieces of crap you call monitors who tolerate this sort of behavior...in fact enable it.

I see Americans pull together through this. I see people with far ranging political beliefs put aside their animosities to come together for a common goal. The stories of sacrifice and heroism are everywhere. I also see the grief of many. Manhattan is littered with missing poster on every available post. No one expects these people to be found. They are not missing posters. The are instead memorials.

Maybe you Ireland-Irish (as opposed to Americans of Irish heritage) are just so numb to death that you've lost some basic aspects of human decency. I saw some pretty nasty scenes last weekend on the BBC on Ireland...and I've seen many other equally nasty scenes in the past. If I were to believe the BBC, I'd think you Irish were a bunch of lawless thugs who exist only because a bunch of British troops keep you from exterminating one another en mass.

Based on the lack of integrety, common sense and insensitivity of the Irish posters here, I've seen nothing to improve my view of the Irish. And come on -- don't pussy-foot around the issue -- Did I make an anti-Irish statement or not? Gandalf -- you're a liar among other things and no friendship with the powers that be changes that. You pathetic attempts at dissembling after the fact are even more atrocious than your original lies.

Just my opinion based on what I see first hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Pld Hobbes. Best larf...

#define RANT 1

#ifdef RANT

You have a tremendous talent for missing the point completely smedley/sharkey/whoever-you-are-tomorrow.

Can't you read English?

You are not helping us form a positive picture of intelligent and reasonable Americans by consistantly and repeatedly failing to get the fuckin message.

Please don't bother to reply again to this thread (or how about any), until you can read an entire post and understand it, before flying off the handle and posting crap when it's obvious that you don't have one iota of understanding of what people said.

#endif /* RANT */

Al.

Originally posted by Trojan
    #define RANT 1

Can't you read English?

You are not helping us form a positive picture of intelligent and reasonable Americans by consistantly and repeatedly failing to get the fuckin message.

Al.

Ah, yes. American should be tolerant of people who post "Americans are less human than Arabs" Americans not a "positive picture of intelligent and reasonable Americans" for taking offense.

Irish good for making post. No critique of Irish maKing this post.

Sure. got it.

oh the surprise.

Second -- I was fast trying to put aside the harsh rhetoric at the time of my banishment. I found it parculiar that the moderators kept erasing my proposal -- especially in light of YOUR demands.

you certainly are a trier, i'll give you that

Third -- let me put you on notice of a few things. Stating that Americans are less human than Arabs in light of the WTC attacks is anything but civil. Talk about a poor delivery!

the americans could never get some of the subter humours that go around.

<snip> editing out personal stuff<snip>

Maybe you Ireland-Irish (as opposed to Americans of Irish heritage)

irish american. hahahaha.

are just so numb to death that you've lost some basic aspects of human decency. I saw some pretty nasty scenes last weekend on the BBC on Ireland...and I've seen many other equally nasty scenes in the past.

i guess thirty years of what you witnessed on 9-11 does numb you a bit.
    doesnt take away the terrible tragedy of any of it.

If I were to believe the BBC, I'd think you Irish were a bunch of lawless thugs who exist only because a bunch of British troops keep you from exterminating one another en mass.

i think if you were to watch the bbc youd see northern ireland a lot more than you would the republic of ireland. a lot of english dont know the diference and are obviously as ill-informed as yourself.

Based on the lack of integrety, common sense and insensitivity of the Irish posters here, I've seen nothing to improve my view of the Irish. And come on -- don't pussy-foot around the issue -- Did I make an anti-Irish statement or not? Gandalf -- you're a liar among other things and no friendship with the powers that be changes that. You pathetic attempts at dissembling after the fact are even more atrocious than your original lies.

what a lod of tosh.
    sorry my friend. but you are still missing the point.
    can you not read what has been printed in plain english.
    the rules here. made up by the admins, are about being nice.
    we can discuss anything you want, but we tend to do it nicely.
    or at least we try for 2 pages before it tends to start to flame and gets locked.
    we post here, we try and keep it civil, but what we dont do is call names and insult people in the manner you did.
    that means we can post anything that yuou may deem offensive. if you dont like it, dont bloody read it. you can always censor youreself if you dont like. there have been many topics here i havent been at ease with so i take part in a debate and give my point of view. but you go and insult people and then get up in arms and start changing the issues.
    seriously. you know why you were booted.
    you know what the rules are. just play by them.
    or leave.
    dont hang around under different alias's if youre not happy.
    why would you do it.
    to prove a point that no one cares about except you.
    go home, bitch about us to your friends. call us the names under the sun, but dont come here with some moralistic viewpoint because you think youve had a worse of experince than the rest of us and you didnt like something someone posted.
    remember, weve had 30 years of bombings, murder and shootings, stabbings, knifings, bludgeonings, kickings and assassinations 100 miles north of our capital. i havent seen you come here and post like this when i rant and rave about terrorists up there. take your soapbox and put it away. you are preaching on deaf ears.
    WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.
    so, like i said before in many posts.
    chill out, and take part in debate if you feel you must. or take snide pot shots from the side like the rest of us, but dont go ranting about how unjust the moderators on the boards are. and then change it to all ireland-irish are animals held together by british troops. thats really is not going to help you to get 95% of boards users backs up.
    like i said, you are a trier, but youre not very bright.

as i said before.
    you are boring me now.

Just my opinion based on what I see first hand.

just my opinion. re-enforces my belief that 75% of americans arent too bright.
    you dont live in a trailor do you?
    i think ive seen a few people with your type of personallity on jerry springer. was that your mom you were sleeping with?
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe you Ireland-Irish (as opposed to Americans of Irish heritage)

irish american. hahahaha. .......
    Whatever.

Boy -- do you ever make my points for me. One after another. You know, just imagine if these terrorist hit London...how would you feel. No, no no nonono! We're still talking people here.
    Imagine your rage if the terrorist hit something you may actually value -- like your breweries and distilleries.

what a lod of tosh.
    sorry my friend. but you are still missing the point.
    No -- the specific point here being either Gandalf is a liar or not. If he lied -- I have a certain right to indignant behavior. I asked for proof. Gandalf instead delivered an intellectually bereft and ethically challenged wagon of horsesh-t.

as i said before.
    you are boring me now.
    Gee, I'm crushed.

• Advertisement

just my opinion. re-enforces my belief that 75% of americans arent too bright.
    you dont live in a trailor do you?
    i think ive seen a few people with your type of personallity on jerry springer. was that your mom you were sleeping with?
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm! Gee, with such a flame what will DeVore do? Nothing!

By the way, we stupid Americans in our off moments of sleeping with our mothers, living in huts and picking the fleas and lice from our butts, manage to produce an amazing amount of intellectual property...as opposed to merely a grande variety of whiskey and the occasional pop-singer.

btw -- I have zero idea WHERE you're board is physically located. So whether you're in NI or thr RI is transparent. In case you couldn't figure it out -- you appear to me as words on a screen a half-meter away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You know, just imagine if these terrorist hit London...how would you feel.

Terrorists have hit London quite a number of times. Remember the Canary Wharf boming? It was horriffic then, - it still is now.

You are ill-informed and not in posession of the facts or the ability to properly argue your point.

No, no no nonono! We're still talking people here.
    Imagine your rage if the terrorist hit something you may actually value -- like your breweries and distilleries.

You are implying that the Irish care more about drink than people and that's a very racist and untrue remark.

I have a certain right to indignant behavior.

Where'd you get that idea???

On Boards.ie, you have a right to only that which the administrators say you have a right to, and no more.

Why don't you "get off your high horse" and give up this ridiculous discussion? You seem to be the only one who actually gives a shit about this pathetic argument. Ever stopped to ask yourself why it matters to you so much?

Smedley Sharkey whatever your calling yourself now.

IT IS YOUR OPINION THAT I LIED....imho I did not lie and I had the balls to back it up. I did not fire any snide remarks at you until you insulted people on the Humanties board. Again I'm sorry you lost friends on 11-9, it appears that you posted your comments in rage, one piece of advice, take a deep breath before you post any responses to posts like this in future.

As regards the Thread "Arabs more human than Americans", the original poster was asking a question and not making a statement, they omitted a "?". What a load of bull for a missing punctuation mark.

No one is numb to death here and never will be.

Again I see more insults from someone who cannot even attempt to debate in a manner befitting the educated person which you claim to be. I expect the Sharkey account to be terminated soon (by the admins).

Smedley, Sharkey whatever your name is or will be, you have issues which you need to deal with.

Gandalf.

Hmmm! Gee, with such a flame what will DeVore do? Nothing!

By the way, we stupid Americans in our off moments of sleeping with our mothers, living in huts and picking the fleas and lice from our butts, manage to produce an amazing amount of intellectual property...as opposed to merely a grande variety of whiskey and the occasional pop-singer.

btw -- I have zero idea WHERE you're board is physically located. So whether you're in NI or thr RI is transparent. In case you couldn't figure it out -- you appear to me as words on a screen a half-meter away. [/B][/QUOTE]

once again i see irony is lost on you.
    my point was if you can say things about ireland from what you see on the news, then i guess it must be alright by this for me to assume that you live like someone from jerry springer coz its american and i watch that sometimes.

I-R-O-N-Y

and if you dont know where our board is located, then i would suggest that it makes you look even stupider when you come out with half a$$ed statements.

as for your commecnts about london and distilleries, well, quiet frankly im shocked. are all americans so niave.
    do you actually know where london, or dublin is?
    or is europe one big country to you too?
    i think its time you grew up. if you think any one person here took pleasure in the destruction that happened in new york you are mistaken. just as you are mistakened if you think we would be happy about the americans bombing innocents in afghanistan.

take another hint.
    dont mistake what you read with what was said.

its important, so ive op[sted it three times.
    you have an issue with gandalf. take it up privately with the admins.
    dont keep coming back to an open thread and insult irish people because you dont like something that was posted.
    it is not your place to dictate what can and cant be written here
    personally im beinging to feel sorry for you.

Smedley, Sharkey whatever your name is or will be, you have issues which you need to deal with.

But please do be sure to let us know when you get the go-ahead for Jerry Springer, you can be sure we'll be chanting "Smedley, Smedley" all the way. Give Steve one for us! Fight the injustice!

Here's a little help for your future endeavours:

http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=humour
    http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=sarcasm
    http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=irony
    http://missingmatter.net/miscellanea/00/12/09/0540224.shtml ( <-- ohh look at that nasty subject!! )

Now why don't you go find yourself another pond to piss in?

Al.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Bard

Terrorists have hit London quite a number of times. Remember the Canary Wharf boming? It was horriffic then, - it still is now.
    Actually, I was talking contemporeaneously and by a foreign power. I am aware that terrorist have hit London and practically every major Western city....and more than just the Wharf. I also know the wharf is prepared for further attacks.

Just because I dont reiterate every terrorist attack on the face of the earth doesn't mean I am not aware of them.

BTW -- wasn't "the wharf" bombed by Irish? Didn't people die because of Irish terrorist. Maybe the Irish have more in common with the Taliban than I thought.

You are implying that the Irish care more about drink than people and that's a very racist and untrue remark.
    Well, they obviously don't care about people...well certain people anyway.
    Where'd you get that idea???
    Maybe from the same place one certain Irish jackass claimed that Americans are sleeping with their mothers and living in trailers.

On Boards.ie, you have a right to only that which the administrators say you have a right to, and no more.
    then let's all just agree never to express an opinion that didn't originate from DeVore's GI tract first (no offense to DeVore meant)

Why don't you "get off your high horse" and give up this ridiculous discussion?
    Maybe I merely disagreed with the point that Americans are somehow some form of untermensch.

You seem to be the only one who actually gives a shit about this pathetic argument. Ever stopped to ask yourself why it matters to you so much?
    Well, someone cared enough to spew the line that so offends me and the moderators here have spent oodle of time supporting the statement, so I guess you'e wrong.

Smedley Sharkey whatever your calling yourself now.

IT IS YOUR OPINION THAT I LIED....imho I did not lie
    No -- you are a liar. The most you can do is make the most fantastic leaps of logic -- unsupported by fact.

Just because I insult the UN is NO slight on Ireland -- Northern Ireland, the Republic of, Irish American etc... The UN is not Ireland. Ireland is not the UN. Your weak attempts at making the connection are simply foolish and the only one you fool (if anyone) is yourself.

...and I had the balls to back it up
    Again -- quite a diff spewing your garbage across an Ocean and to my face.

As regards the Thread "Arabs more human than Americans", the original poster was asking a question and not making a statement, they omitted a "?". What a load of bull for a missing punctuation mark.

I guess the entire concept of a rhetorical question goes above you. Not surprising given your inability to form simple logical progressions.

Originally posted by Trojan

Now why don't you go find yourself another pond to piss in?

Al.
    Awwwww! Gee, just when I thought we'us about ready to take long hot showers together, you get all nasty on me!

WWMan's post is hard to read (learn to use the bold text muppet!)

I think I can sum it up.

WTC was horrible thing to have to happen. But the world didn't suddenly change overnight... there were a whole range of factors that caused it to happen, the least of which was fanatical terrorists.

When people tried to point this out they were either dubbed "Anti-American", "Mongoloid Europeans" or "Blantant liars".

You screamed for proof about this that and the other, and when you didn't get enough you called the person a liar or if you got more then enough you claimed you couldn't comment on it or totally ignored the post.

sh1t happens all over the world, some of which the WTC pales in comparison to too. But you didn't see anyone do anything about it. Takes live TV and in your own backyard to finally waken some people up.

once again i see irony is lost on you.
    my point was if you can say things about ireland from what you see on the news, then i guess it must be alright by this for me to assume that you live like someone from jerry springer coz its american and i watch that sometimes.

I-R-O-N-Y
    Irony must be rooted in fact and circumstance or it is meaningless. Actually, I chose to quote the BBC because (1) it's not American, and (2) it constantly depicts one Irish atrocity after another.

I guess this just blew over you.

and if you dont know where our board is located, then i would suggest that it makes you look even stupider when you come out with half a$$ed statements.
    Ireland, Right?

Look -- a "board" can be placed anywhere someone sticks a server and can hook up to the net by at least a T1 or E1 connection. I would think you highly evolved moderators would at least know this.

as for your commecnts about london and distilleries, well, quiet frankly im shocked. are all americans so niave.
    Well, if Canary Wharf is any example, you also export terrorist/

do you actually know where london, or dublin is?
    or is europe one big country to you too?
    I've been to London many times. Never been to Dublin.

i think its time you grew up. if you think any one person here took pleasure in the destruction that happened in new york you are mistaken.
    No I just pick it up that some of you Irish believe that we sub-human Americans got what we deserved.

BTW -- wasn't "the wharf" bombed by Irish?

Erm. No it wasn't. It was bombed by the IRA but it certainly was not bombed by the Irish and the IRA most certainly do not speak for the Irish people.

In much the same way that CIA backed terrorism does not reflect on the American people (except in that they are totally clueless to what goes on).

I think that's main complaint about you is that you think "Terrorist is X, therefore all X is a terrorist".

Americans are sleeping with their mothers and living in trailers.

Well you have to forgive us, the only real life TV based culture that the US exports is stuff along the likes of Jerry Springer, so you can see why everything thinks you all live in trailers. Much the same way you think everyone in Afganistan is evil.

Originally posted by Hobbes
    WWMan's post is hard to read (learn to use the bold text muppet!)

When people tried to point this out they were either dubbed "Anti-American", "Mongoloid Europeans" or "Blantant liars".
    I noticed that you left out a number of slights towards me. I also say that the rhetoric here is just a TAD anti-American.

You screamed for proof about this that and the other, and when you didn't get enough you called the person a liar or if you got more then enough you claimed you couldn't comment on it or totally ignored the post.
    Funny, I remember it differently.

And I am still waiting for Gandalf's proof.
    Still waiting!

sh1t happens all over the world, some of which the WTC pales in comparison to too. But you didn't see anyone do anything about it. Takes live TV and in your own backyard to finally waken some people up.
    Yet I will never recall blaming the victims

Irony must be rooted in fact and circumstance or it is meaningless. Actually, I chose to quote the BBC because (1) it's not American, and (2) it constantly depicts one Irish atrocity after another.

I guess this just blew over you.

Ireland, Right?

Look -- a "board" can be placed anywhere someone sticks a server and can hook up to the net by at least a T1 or E1 connection. I would think you highly evolved moderators would at least know this.

Well, if Canary Wharf is any example, you also export terrorist/

I've been to London many times. Never been to Dublin.

No I just pick it up that some of you Irish believe that we sub-human Americans got what we deserved.

yep, we export the terrorists.
    niave americans give them the money.
    so i guess its americans that do the bombings, hold on, didnt americans train the taliban????
    so you bombed yourselves?
    that really bites doesnt it.
    the greatest free nation on gods green earth has blow itself up in a round about way.

NOW THATS IRONY

you see if you had bothered to read what people said or listen to what people were telling you, youd know the board is irish.

at the moment youre debating semantics with me and you are completely failing to see the whole picture.
    you are still in the wrong.
    comeing here again and calling us terrorists really wont help your cause.
    you have a serious problem.
    man, i think you need to see a shrink.
    you still dont get it.
    ive explained it enough times to you.
    your problem is with one mod.
    have i not said for you to private message one of the admins.
    is it hard to comprehend?
    is my 'american' not good enough for you?
    would oyu like me to say it another way.
    other than an issue with a mod, stop posting rubbish.
    ive already said we have a policy of freedom of speech.
    actually thats a good point isnt it.
    americans will sing long and hard about freedom of speech. yet someone puts up a post, you take it the wrong way, and you keep bringing it up sayoing its disrespectful or something?

now are you saying you dont believe in good ol american apple pie freedom of speech. after all your first amendment is all about it isnt it?
    how do you feel about not only being ignorant of other cultures, racist towards other cultures with insinuating remarks about terrorists in ireland and irish being herded by british army personell, insulting with you remarks on these boards, niave for complete lack of knowledge, having no decorum or social skills.....and to boot (HERES IRONY AGAIN ) you are hypocritical with your freedom of speech.
    you like to be heard but wont let others with different opinions speak. the ultimate fascist.
    hahahahaha.
    you loser. go get a job

I noticed that you left out a number of slights towards me. I also say that the rhetoric here is just a TAD anti-American.

See. "Tad Anti-American"? Because people point out the bad things you do? Do you even question what your goverment does? Or do you just blindly believe that America can do no wrong because that is what you are taught?

All this "America is the shining light of goodness of the world" Speel is no better then a die hard chinese communist screaming Mao se Tung.

Funny, I remember it differently.

Hmm, you were screaming at me to prove that the US had something to do with Greece telling me I'm wrong. I gave you examples and then told me that you couldn't comment on it and then started going on about how Clintons wang controlled forigen policy (despite we were talking about the Gulf war and as far as I remember it was Bush in Office then).

Yet I will never recall blaming the victims

Who are the victims? Like I said, this didn't all start on 9-11. A lot of people have died for years and no one took notice.

Originally posted by Hobbes
    BTW -- wasn't "the wharf" bombed by Irish?

Erm. No it wasn't. It was bombed by the IRA but it certainly was not bombed by the Irish and the IRA most certainly do not speak for the Irish people.

erm, I guess the IRA aren't Irish now. Look. I know the IRA doesn't represent the Irish any more than Tim McVeigh does. I was repsonding in part to the "ignorant american" slight with one of my own. Hope you might appreciate it.
    Americans are sleeping with their mothers and living in trailers.

Well you have to forgive us, the only real life TV based culture that the US exports is stuff along the likes of Jerry Springer, so you can see why everything thinks you all live in trailers. Much the same way you think everyone in Afganistan is evil. [/B][/QUOTE]
    First -- I don't think everthing in Afganistan is evil. I pity the average person there. Personally, I favor de-lousing the countryside of terrorist, then pouring aid in to rebuild the nation.

Second, the Jerry Spring Show frightens me. It scares me more that these ARE Americans who apparently line up around the block to expose their dysfunctional sides. Oprah, Donahue, Springer, Montel.....eecccch! (chills running up my spine)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement