Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IS DeVore around ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Sharkey

Awwwww! Gee, just when I thought we'us about ready to take long hot showers together, you get all nasty on me!

I find that offensive and am unwilling to listen to your claims of retaliation.

Admins, please 12-kick[1] this luser without paying heed to his side of the story.

Al.

1. Or 12-click even, and leave the kicking up to me and my drunken mates in the RA who are going to give up our lives in a suicide-farting effort! We'll gas him to death-by-methane in a horric twist on modern terrorist methods.

Or something.

Did you read the definition of sarcasm yet then? Do you want us to explain it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

erm, I guess the IRA aren't Irish now. Look. I know the IRA doesn't represent the Irish any more than Tim McVeigh does. I was repsonding in part to the "ignorant american" slight with one of my own. Hope you might appreciate it.
    spine)
    [/QUOTE]

So in order to get your point across the only way you can do this is to call everyone a terrorist? Makes a change then a mongolied european.

Look Smed. To be honest, you can't seem to have a rational debate. If I was you, I would go find another board where people share the same feelings as you and are quite happy to be totally blind to what goes on.

Devore has patience beyond you could possibly believe. The fact you can still post proves it. However even in your new name you resort to personal insults.

It would be better if you just went away, either by leaving or rethinking how you post and creating a new account so people aren't biased on your previous posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Sharkey

Originally posted by Trojan

I find that offensive and am unwilling to listen to your claims of retaliation.

Admins, please 12-kick[1] this luser without paying heed to his side of the story.
    Geeez, and after the lecture I got on humor (or humour as you say)

Originally posted by Hobbes

So in order to get your point across the only way you can do this is to call everyone a terrorist? Makes a change then a mongolied european.
    No -- not the only way, but one appropriate under the circumstances. Throw an anti-American slight. Be prepared for like return.

Look Smed. To be honest, you can't seem to have a rational debate.
    Yep -- I would need rational people to debate with.

Devore has patience beyond you could possibly believe. The fact you can still post proves it. ...
    ...or it proves I have a few valid points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Sharkey

erm, I guess the IRA aren't Irish now. Look. I know the IRA doesn't represent the Irish any more than Tim McVeigh does. I was repsonding in part to the "ignorant american" slight with one of my own. Hope you might appreciate it.
    [/B]

Christ! :rolleyes:

Saying "the IRA bombed Canary Wharf" and "the Irish bombed Canary Wharf" are two utterly and completely different things.

If you can't recognise and understand that, and if you're going to enter a 'debate' on such matters and post such drivel... frankly... fuck off and get a clue.

As for the calls to 12-click Smedley/Sharkey... I heartily agree.

-- -- -- --

[Edit:] PS: This could all be argued over and over until the proverbial cows come home. This thread should really be locked, but anyone who keeps it alive by continuing to reply to this muppet (after now... heh) should be spanked :)

So! An end to this cr*p... or spankings all round? (*grin*)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    americans will sing long and hard about freedom of speech. yet someone puts up a post, you take it the wrong way, and you keep bringing it up saying its disrespectful or something?

hahaha
    hypocrite.

notice you didnt have any comeback for this debate-boy.
    do you ever watch the weakest link?
    ever think you might be first off the show?

goodbye...

Originally posted by Bard

Saying "the IRA bombed Canary Wharf" and "the Irish bombed Canary Wharf" are two utterly and completely different things.

I fully realize that. Be also aware that I was responding to a slight with a slight. Someone was accusing me of not in posession of the facts.

By the way, try to at least make an attempt to accurately state the facts. I never said THE Irish bombed Canary Wharf, I said "BTW -- wasn't "the wharf" bombed by Irish?"

"BTW -- wasn't "the wharf" bombed by Irish?"

Well if you want to nitpick on symantics you could say the wharf was bombed by the English. Why? Well Northern Ireland is still part of England and the IRA came from there.

Originally posted by Hobbes
    "BTW -- wasn't "the wharf" bombed by Irish?"

Well if you want to nitpick on symantics you could say the wharf was bombed by the English. Why? Well Northern Ireland is still part of England and the IRA came from there.

symantics? semantics?

Look. Words have meaning. In debate one can choose to stick to the formal or accepted meaning of words...or one can create one's own meanings as one goes along.

Forgive me if I choose the first. Substance is all about semantics...or rather semantics gives form to substance.

Better than arguing mere spelling errors, ennyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

While I'm thoroughly enjoying the cut, thrust and parry of this debate but it's not humanities. And by arguing with Smedley/Sharkey you're giving him exactly what he wants: attention.

Originally posted by amp
    And by arguing with Smedley/Sharkey you're giving him exactly what he wants: attention.

I am now field testing the ignore option.

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

hahaha
    hypocrite.

notice you didnt have any comeback for this debate-boy.
    do you ever watch the weakest link?
    ever think you might be first off the show?

goodbye...
    Actually, I didn't think it rose to the level of deserving a response. It fails on its own.

I was unaware that I had any power to inhibit anyone's speech here or anywhere else. The 1st amendment is about the right to expression, not the right to be free from disagreement.

maybe you should watch less TV and read more.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I was repsonding in part to the "ignorant american" slight with one of my own. Hope you might appreciate it.

Therein lies the crux. He said, she said. I do seem to recall you throwing epiphets around from early on. I read all the threads undisturbed, a perk of being an admin.

You are definitely throwing more passion around then anyone else. More light, less heat would have produced a better discussion.

As it is, I'm locking this thread and any more which come to resemble it. I'm not even going to answer the points raised so that noone can claim that I Hit'n'Locked. Thats despite the fact that I was born in Belfast and have a number of definite things to say.

I've known Gandalf for a good while now, and he's one of those people you would want in tight spot with you. He's definitely not a liar. He has his hotheaded moments but then you came here fuming and refused to leave without a row, so you got one.

You werent the only person with friends in WTC 1. I'm grateful all mine were ok, but I hold the freedoms that were attacked dear and strongly support the freedom of speech.

That I am not kicking you or banning you is a personal desire to see freedom of speech continue in a world that contains people who would take it away from us.

I think you (and everyone) should carefully consider how you use it in light of that...

I think it would be best for all concerned if we let the matter rest, but one last thing:
    I didnt ban you the last time. An administrator called Dan (Regi) did for ... in his words..."being a knob".

Dan is english.

DeVore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement