Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derry vs the league

• 04-11-2005 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

This is kinda odd but its the FAI so not surprising.
    DERRY CITY AND EIRCOM LEAGUE IN STAND OFF
    Derry City and the eircom League are currently involved in a heated stand-off over when their penultimate League fixture with St Patrick's Athletic will go ahead.

The clash was originally fixed for Friday November 11 but, three days ago, was moved to Monday November 14 with the game due to shown live on RTE2.

But Derry have contacted the eircom League and informed them that the Brandywell is unavailable on Mondays because of the regular weekly greyhound meeting and the game was then switched to Sunday November 13.

However, Derry have now informed the League and St Patrick's Athletic that the game will go ahead as originally planned on November 11 leading to the stand-off.

Derry believe that the League cannot move a game at such short notice while the League claim that it has the right to move games.

Derry manager Stephen Kenny admitted that the whole episode was frustrating for him and his players.

Kenny said: "We've got a situation where the League want us to have ten days between the Bray game and our second last game against Pats but only four days between that game and the last game against Cork.

"But I'm not concerned about it yet because first of all we've got to make sure that we still have something to play for by beating Bray."

http://www.stpatsfc.com/media.php?id=453

10 days between games, lol could be quite tension filled knowing Corks result.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It could either push them into something special, or into crumbling completely. In the interest of fairness to both sides it should/has to be played on the same date and at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I hope its not on the 11th myself, mainly because I want to watch it! Sunday would be the most obvious choice would it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sunday would be nice for me so i could go to it. But not long left to be ****ing about with fixtures etc:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭radiospan

In fairness, CCFC have the fixture congestion, not Derry.

Although I don't see why RTE can't show it on Friday night.

plazzTT wrote:
    Although I don't see why RTE can't show it on Friday night.

Because they are showing Shels-Cork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Derry should be allowed keep the original date and time if they wish, at the expense of it not being televised if you ask me.

I'd be furious if this was to happen to shels in the run up to a league showdown!! :mad: You can't start messing around with dates, venues and TV as though it's more important than the football itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They should just tell rte to fcuk off. If they were properly interested in showing the football they would have worked out at the start of the season or a month or two in advance, instead of jumping on the end of season bandwagon.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/1105/derrycity.html

Next sat @ 5pm cool can go now :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

HOPEFULLY Derry will be going into this game 4 points behind Cork City, knowing only a win will do.

HOPEFULLY

Gimmick we gonna stuff them you just beat Rovers on monday. Lucky bastids would love to relegate them :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

I think City will beat Rovers on Monday. If we dont, then, we dont deserve to win the league. Simple as.

I was talking to a buddy about this, and I was thinking the SPA/Shams result last night was the worst possible for us, in that we have to play a Rovers side fighting for their premier status, and Derry to play a secure Pats side. The buddy pointed out that Rovers will now have to come out and play against City on Monday in Dalymount, a very happy hunting ground for City in recent seasons.

If City get 6 points from their next 2 games, there will be some crowds in the pubs to watch Derry and Pats on the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

ah yeah the abr club

Rovers are by the poorest team i have seen, they have been poor before but never this bad. Kenny in midfield looks tired after 2 minutes and hes their best chance of a goal. No way they can raise their game to beat Cork unless you give them easy goals.

kdjac

^ Like last night against Waterford :(

KdjaC wrote:
    Rovers are by the poorest team i have seen, they have been poor before but never this bad. Kenny in midfield looks tired after 2 minutes and hes their best chance of a goal. No way they can raise their game to beat Cork unless you give them easy goals.

kdjac

agreed rovers ain't looking good at all, beach looks very tired indeed. but in their defence when they play well they play very well but when they are bad by god they're terrible! but last night was a bad reflection on both teams

blu_sonic wrote:
    agreed rovers ain't looking good at all, beach looks very tired indeed. but in their defence when they play well they play very well but when they are bad by god they're terrible! but last night was a bad reflection on both teams

Our excuse if 6 1st teamers injured or suspended. Yours is sadly lack of funds to have a decent squad. Both were very poor but rovers slightly worser.

[rumour]Oh found out why Collins trying to get sacked last night if you sack him he has to be paid 80k, what a guy eh? And a LSL manager has been approached to take over for the last game. [/rumour]

Tbh one and half performances (4 points) and your safe but lets hope that doesnt happen. And if its the play off you should win.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    [rumour]Oh found out why Collins trying to get sacked last night if you sack him he has to be paid 80k, what a guy eh? And a LSL manager has been approached to take over for the last game. [/rumour]

Roddy is some man.

thats true its actually more like 60k but if it was at the satrt of the last season it was 100k, he is also contracted to next season, i can't understand why they woud do that?

just to point out which you kind of did we've sold most of our 1st team so that is a shadow of the rovers team that started the season.

roddy is lacking in profesionilism (spelling doh) and this is true of his whole career look at bohs double and sacked look at carslie dropped into non-league, then afterhe was gone he wouldn't sign a pro contract with any other club due to a loop hole in his carslie one stating he got to keep his car from them. roddys a heartless thug who couldn't care less about any club its all just a pay day for him

Advertisement