Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights EL action

• 04-11-2005 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

eircom League Premier Division
    Waterford Utd -v- Cork City 7.30 Home
    RSC

Tough game for Cork, this is where 1-0 in 99th minute from a peno that never was comes in. Dont recall Cork having too much luck like that but its whats needed. A win of any kind is the only result needed. Leave pretty football for another day.

Bohemians -v- Longford Town 7.45
    Dalymount Park

Who cares

Bray Wndrs -v- Derry City 7.45 Away
    Carlisle Grounds

Derry should outscore Bray 2-1 or 3-1 away win, Derry still awful at the back but going forward they will score.

Drogheda Utd -v- Shelbourne 7.45 Draw
    United Park

Drogs need to justify places for the final and playing well vs Shels is one way to get that place. 2-2

St Pat's Ath -v- Shamrock Rovers 7.45 Dunno
    Richmond Park

Dunno If we win expect Roddy to leave keeping his never been relegated record intact. Dont care how but we need a scabby win and we safe for another year.

Saturday, November 5th
    eircom League Premier Division
    Finn Harps -v- UCD 7.45 Home
    Finn Park

The biggie of the weekend, Harps win and it drags UCD into the relegation zone and who would care if they went???.....silence..... but would prefer to see Rovers relegated :D

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I fancy an upset in the derby from down south! ;) Bray to hold Derry 1-1, Shels 3-1 Drogs.

Pats and Rovers, 1-0 Pats. :eek:

Harps -v- Ucd will be interesting, purely cuz it can drag the playoff spot 9and maybe auto-rel spot) to the final day. Ace! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Bray to beat Derry - 9/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Don't waste your money. They were awful against us on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

KdjaC wrote:
    Waterford Utd -v- Cork City 7.30 Home
    RSCkdjac

There is over 2000 cork fans after prebooking tickets

There is extra seating to be put up on the other side of the pitch
    (As far as i know)

There will more than likely there willbe bout 4000 home suppoters;)

Im hoping for a great match tonight!!!!

waterford 2-1 cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

come on cork!!
    come on rovers!!
    come on Finn Harps!!

remember we are still 8 points better than these other relegation battlers, its time we showed our worth and kept our never been relegated record intact never mind that roddy jokers record, 1922 and always in the top league. 15 leagues the eircom league would suffer without rovers regardless of who you are or who you support, the fans bring tension, colour and excitment to the national game, remember we are the most well supported dublin club, when tallaght comes we will be the most supported irish club and the golden years will follow four in a row will be a precursor to the events that are drawing near.

we are the S.R.
    the S.R.F.C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

pp_me129 wrote:
    There is over 2000 cork fans after prebooking tickets

There is extra seating to be put up on the other side of the pitch
    (As far as i know)

There will more than likely there willbe bout 4000 home suppoters;)

Im hoping for a great match tonight!!!!

waterford 2-1 cork

Thats rubbish, as you cannot pre book tickets, certainly not away fans anyways.

Id be very surprised if Waterford have more than 1200 home fans. Id be very surprised if City bring less than 600.

oh ps.

cork - waterford
    3 - 1 cork

bohs - longford
    2 - 2 could be a thriller

bray - derry
    4 - 2 derry

drogs - shels
    i see a 2 - 1 here but it could go either way depending on which drogheda show up. i'll say shels win though

St Pats - Rovers
    2 - 0 rovers. its survival/pride trevor molloy and lee roache the need to win its that simple and i think we want it more than pats

blu_sonic wrote:
    t Pats - Rovers
    2 - 0 rovers. its survival/pride trevor molloy and lee roache the need to win its that simple and i think we want it more than pats
    Jaysus he's famous now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

the away bit is true and the home is pretty close

their has been alot of pll at the last few games

kdjac if u park ur car in the car park gates close at 7 no expections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pp_me129 wrote:
    kdjac if u park ur car in the car park gates close at 7 no expections

Lol its Rovers....Beer beer beer beer beer......

No kids tonight cant bring when the lubbly rovers fans about so beer for me :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Heading out to the RSC in a few.

Have a feelin the fat guy might have a couple of tricks up his sleeve for tonight.

Allez lez Blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Latest:

HT Waterford U. 1 - 0 Cork City
    39' Bohemians 1 - 0 Longford Town
    39' Bray Wanderers 0 - 1 Derry City
    39' Drogheda United 0 - 1 Shelbourne
    39' St. Patricks 0 - 0 Shamrock Rovers

Latest:

67' Waterford U. 2 - 2 Cork City
    52' Bohemians 1 - 0 Longford Town
    52' Bray Wanderers 0 - 1 Derry City
    52' Drogheda United 0 - 1 Shelbourne
    52' St. Patricks 1 - 0 Shamrock Rovers

Waterford down to 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Latest:

67' Waterford U. 2 - 2 Cork City

Waterford down to 10 men.

wtf is this not on the telly eh? I tought it might be on TG4 at least but nope!....instead some kinda line dancing festival come trad night is on the box! ARRGGGHHHH

ohh yeah....COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Nearly over:

FT Waterford U. 2 - 2 Cork City
    88' Bohemians 1 - 0 Longford Town
    88' Bray Wanderers 0 - 3 Derry City
    88' Drogheda United 0 - 2 Shelbourne
    88' St. Patricks 2 - 0 Shamrock Rovers

Dolan strikes again!

wtf is this not on the telly eh? I tought it might be on TG4 at least but nope!....instead some kinda line dancing festival come trad night is on the box! ARRGGGHHHH

ohh yeah....COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Just back home now

Ya should have been out there Rollo. Great game. Massive crown and cracking atmosphere. Real Derby tussle. Waterford are the only team Cork havent beaten this season.

The Blues are gonna stay up :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Apparently Neale Fenn caused havoc when he didn't kick the ball back to Waterford when the ball was put out because of an injury. Someone should've hit him

kensutz wrote:
    Apparently Neale Fenn caused havoc when he didn't kick the ball back to Waterford when the ball was put out because of an injury. Someone should've hit him

Yean the cnut. Vinny Sullivan is injured and Packie Holden booted it into touch from a kick out, When city took the throw Fenn played on regardless the wanker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

At least we got another point towards safety. Next week's game is going to be massive and seeing as there's no game for me to go to in England I might make the trip up to support the lads.

kensutz wrote:
    At least we got another point towards safety. Next week's game is going to be massive and seeing as there's no game for me to go to in England I might make the trip up to support the lads.

Yeah huge game in Dublin against Rovers next week. We are in great form since the Fat man arrived though, and I think we will take 'em. Final game of the season is at home to Drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just want to add at this stage dundalk drew again tonight lads thats 9 straight draws in a row , new world record me thinks.

On another will just get stronger after tonights result and will do enough to win the league , cork will do the same they did in 1989/90 season and i think 1995 season and that is throw itaway on last day of the season .. here is hoping.

Shels also had a great result tonight and have it all to fight for as well , id love to see cork finish 3rd . How i will love reading dolans column in the paper on what went wrong

hahahahah

gwan dundalk world record holders :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

AAAGHHH Flippen Waterford.

What is there problem?:mad:

Eoin Hand has an amazing ability to make a great match sound crap. Eoin stick to the tit-bits and stop dominating the conversation.

Bad news coming from the RSC is that Alan Bennett, Danny Murphy and Roy O'Donovan are out of the cup final.

And anybody that has seen us play this year will agree that all 3 have been huge players this year.

Its not looking good:( for Derry, Beware of the Cork backlash:v:

AAAGHHH Flippen Waterford.

What is there problem?:mad:

:

Think the problem is with Cork. Ye couldnt beat us all season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

KevIRL wrote:
    Yeah huge game in Dublin against Rovers next week. We are in great form since the Fat man arrived though, and I think we will take 'em. Final game of the season is at home to Drogheda.

Speaking off the Fat Man...i saw him in Abbra tonight in town when i got out of the pub, jasus he is large, i mean ...."contact green peace and tell them whales can walk on land!" He was at the counter in there munchin away, strange sight to see.

Kev, i'll have to make to the next Waterford Vs Cork match, hopefully there will be a corresponding fixture next season when Waterford host the EL Champions (cork city btw).
    Good Result for a all tonight

Pats 3 Rovers 1

Not a great game , they huffed and puffed for most of 2nd half and we hit them on the break twice.

1st goal direct free kick super strike by Reilly.
    2nd classic counter they pushed us back we broke and nice neat finish.

Rovers got a scrappy goal in 88th minute but the result was never in doubt

3rd goal 90th minute was a peno but very odd, ball gets played to Pats player in rovers box (on the break so rovers stretched) he gets a slight push and goes down,ref waves play on ball goes to rovers right back who clears it. Pats player gets up off the ground and Rovers CB kicks him... straight red card no question. Ref gives a peno thought it would be a hot ball or indirect free as ball wasnt in the box :confused:

But hey 3-1 is 3-1 :D

cmon the harps!!
    kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

There were some very ordinary players on both sides last night.

Good crowd for a Dublin team. Rovers fans were brilliant. I think the the fact that they had a roof to contain their chants was what made them so loud.

Neale Fenn caused havoc when he didn't kick the ball back to Waterford when the ball was put out because of an injury. Someone should've hit him

Lets actually look at the facts here shall we? Sullivan was walking back to the half way line, and he looked over at the bench, where he was signalled to go down, in order to waste yet more time. He was down for a while, even looked up a few times before the ball was put out of play.

So who is the cheat there???

Great game, great athmosphere. How City didnt win Ill never know. It wasnt a penalty, there is no way City should have let Waterford take the lead for a 2nd time. The red card was harsh. The ref was one of the worst I have ever seen, to both sides. The lines man on the stand side was pathetic....to both sides.

2 wins for City, and the league is won. I think from the remaining 3 games, they will beat Shams, draw with Shels and beat Derry.

Rovers fans were brilliant.

They were indeed but wonder why they threw the table down the dressing rooms stairs, they were fairly loud during the game shame their players couldnt reward them, they just shaded us in a "whose the ****test competition".

kdjac

blu_sonic wrote:
    come on cork!!
    come on rovers!!
    come on Finn Harps!!

remember we are still 8 points better than these other relegation battlers, its time we showed our worth and kept our never been relegated record intact never mind that roddy jokers record, 1922 and always in the top league. 15 leagues the eircom league would suffer without rovers regardless of who you are or who you support, the fans bring tension, colour and excitment to the national game, remember we are the most well supported dublin club, when tallaght comes we will be the most supported irish club and the golden years will follow four in a row will be a precursor to the events that are drawing near.

we are the S.R.
    the S.R.F.C.

i retract this post. i question the dedication of the team, i question the will to survive, their stye of play and urgency was left wanting.

in a match that both teams were poor,the score flattered pats, a peno that was very suspect, and stupid defending for the goal from the free (a man on the line doing nothing)

two clear chance for rovers from play that were wasted, trevor molloy 1 on 1 with the keeper directly shot at him. lee roache was unlucky loose ball in the box, nearly scrambled in. Rutherford was typically bad and its very true that the goal was scrappy.

the peno was interesting as after a clear dive from the pats played the ref blew the whistle. the ref seemed to be reaching for a card for the pats lad, then gavin mcdonnell hit (i couldn't see that becauseof the crappy richmond stand) but i was told he DID hit the chap straight red totall deserved for violent conduct, but a peno?

all in all 2 poor teams in a poor match and really it seem the less tired of the teams won, pats deserved the win after poor finishing and a lack of heart from rovers gave it to em, well done to pats and enjoy your safety from the trap door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

KdjaC wrote:
    They were indeed but wonder why they threw the table down the dressing rooms stairs,

kdjac

It was out of order, but under provocation. Not only did the Pat's stewards fail to stop a pitch invasion after the match (mostly kids but we got fined by the FAI for the same thing), but they allowed a group of five or six Saints fans (late teens, early 20s) to come over right in front of the Rovers fans in the stand. They stood there taking the piss and one bright spark wearing a Saints shirt with "I 8 Rovers" on the back ran right up the bottom of the stand turned his back to the crowd and started jumping up and down like a lunatic pointing to the back of his shirt. That's when the (limited) trouble kicked off. If Saints fans hadn't been allowed to wander across the pitch unchallenged by the stewards, nothing would have happened.

Poor stewarding at Richmond Park? Well I never :rolleyes:

It was out of order, but under provocation. Not only did the Pat's stewards fail to stop a pitch invasion after the match (mostly kids but we got fined by the FAI for the same thing), but they allowed a group of five or six Saints fans (late teens, early 20s) to come over right in front of the Rovers fans in the stand. They stood there taking the piss and one bright spark wearing a Saints shirt with "I 8 Rovers" on the back ran right up the bottom of the stand turned his back to the crowd and started jumping up and down like a lunatic pointing to the back of his shirt. That's when the (limited) trouble kicked off. If Saints fans hadn't been allowed to wander across the pitch unchallenged by the stewards, nothing would have happened.

But oddly it wasnt a couple of kids who threw the table it was older fans well into their 30s, same group who tore up all the seats in the snug in Mc Ds but hey couldnt be Rovers fault eh? has to be someone else provoking them :rolleyes: Seriously your getting relegated every team who hates Rovers and their fans are rejoicing!!! And they not called the ABR its called the EL.

Your hated and if you go down wont be missed in any way, sadly we may have placed you in the drop zone but werent the ones to finish you. Every fan of any club will smile if you go down. Its called not liking your rivals and rejoicing in their misfortune.

Imagine being provoked by opposing fans...the craziness of it all!!!

kdjac

"No-one likes us, we don't care."

If the stewards had done their job, there would have been no trouble.

While I agree that the stewarding in Richmond, and dare I say the eL in general, saying - "If the stewards had done there job, there would have been no trouble" , can only be used so many times.

With Rovers, a team who I dont particularly dislike, its never their fault, they were always provoked elsewhere etc etc etc. Its boring and repetitive at this point.

It's a fact. Saint Patrick's 'fans' were allowed to cross the pitch and saunter over in the search for trouble - they got what they were looking for and there was a scuffle.

As for those rejoicing in Rovers' relegation, I'd keep the champaign on ice for the moment.

• Advertisement

Been on ice since 89 :D
    Its vintage at this stage.

kdjac

yeah wellnever ever having been relegated will have that effect on your bubbley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Im all ready looking forward to rovers and dundalk next year , hehe they wont come to oriel park and get away with that rubbish :)

Stupid STUPID Cobh Ramblers, losing 0-3 to CHF last night, blowing the race for 2nd spot wide open. IDIOTS

Harps lost pretty much relegated themselves.

kdjac

• Advertisement

I was talking to a mate and he said it was a dive that got the freekick that made it 2-2 to Cork? If so, do I have to guess who it was? :)

Sarge wrote:
    Im all ready looking forward to rovers and dundalk next year , hehe they wont come to oriel park and get away with that rubbish :)

if we do go down (which i doubt) you'll be given the chants of "oriel park is a bouncy castle", it would be a proud day in dundalks history hosting the giants of irish football that are shamrock rovers (lol, just having a joke with you. no need to get angry)

seriously though we are hanging on by a thread, its a pity for all the rovers haters that they can't say it was poor football that put us down (if we go) but that it was actions off the field that did it and i'm looking at the 8 point deduction. shame something of a hollow victory

Advertisement