Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presentation on Irish Broadband

Options
  • 04-11-2005 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey everybody..
    im studying e-commerce at dcu and for purposes of "marketing on the internet" im doing a presentation concerning irish broadband.
    therefore, i turn to you with question on any support on that.
    i was browsing the internet searching some analysis of both the company (ntr) and the irish broadband market, but wasnt successful.
    is that really true that eircom has >80% broadband market share ?

if you could help me out, i would appreciate that very much, just any information on the company and the market in ireland would be nice..i dont know where to look for it.

and please excuse me for not searching this forum deeply enough, but im very tight on time now.

greetz,
    qlex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Try this forum for thoughts on Irish Broadband.

eircom retail has 70% or so of the DSL market. They have almost 100% of the wholesale dsl market.

Try this ComReg Doc for information on the most popular forms of DSL in Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

qlex wrote:
    is that really true that eircom has >80% broadband market share ?

DSL has 80% of the BB market
    Cable 8.5% (mostly NTL)
    Wireless FWA 10%

Of the DSL market Eircom retail has 76% and Eircom wholesale (through bitstream) has
    nearly 98%.

Advertisement