Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupid question

• 04-11-2005 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

apart from the writing printed at one end does it make a difference which way around you bulid an arrow?

i'm sure for decent ones it does but what abouot for crappy alminium ones?
    (just want to be different)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

Well the uni bushing is usually installed at one end for most of the easton arrows, but if there's no bushing and the components fit snuggly I can't see a problem.
    But with any of the barrelled shafts (such as the a/c/e and x10) you should never ever turn them around or cut from the back because you can feck up an arrow that costs a fortune.
    Basically if its a 'parallel' shaft and there's no insert then you should be fine I think*.

*but dont blame me if anything goes wrong :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

You can ask her at the IV tomorrow, but I think I remember Karen from NUIG trying that (not on purpose!) with XX75s and the arrows were botched. Had a problem getting the points in I think and the bushings were impossible to get out from the wrong end.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Cú Aranel

Panserborn wrote:
    You can ask her at the IV tomorrow, but I think I remember Karen from NUIG trying that (not on purpose!) with XX75s and the arrows were botched. Had a problem getting the points in I think and the bushings were impossible to get out from the wrong end.:confused:

yup am the fool who tried and tested that!! don't do it!! more hassel in the long run. Thank god mac salvaged them for me, though it involved a lot of lighters, glue, and a annoyed waitress in a coffee shop in carlow!!:D

Advertisement