Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnotize

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I am/was a fan and it bothers me.

I don't mind waiting and paying for quality material.
    So long as it is quality.

Well you see when i comes to music you cant just say its not quality because you dont like it senordingdong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

:Keith: wrote:
    I just heard the album and IMO alot of it seems like filler tracks.Th only tracks that stood out from it for me were Hypnotize, Lonely Day and Soldier Side.
    What???
    I got it last night and what an album!I havent stopped listening to it since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

In each their own I suppose. Then again I've only listened to it once as far. Maybe it'll grow on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

I'd like to retract my previous statement. I'm playing the album again and I'm only on "Dreaming" now and I was definitely wrong about the album. I blame my Media Player I only noticed today that someone had been setting about with the music settings so all the instruments and the vocals sounded to be on the same level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Dr.Poca wrote:
    Well you see when i comes to music you cant just say its not quality because you dont like it senordingdong

What I said wasn't in relation to my personal preferences. It was about how we're expoected to pay that much for a cd of what length?...33 minutes I believe?
    They seem to be pissing on a cd and slapping a price tag on it, which bothers me when I see so many of my other favourite bands pour their blood, sweat and tears into an album.

• Advertisement

What I said wasn't in relation to my personal preferences. It was about how we're expoected to pay that much for a cd of what length?...33 minutes I believe?
    They seem to be pissing on a cd and slapping a price tag on it, which bothers me when I see so many of my other favourite bands pour their blood, sweat and tears into an album.

Yeah i know what you mean, i suppose it would have bothered me if i didnt like it

Well, no matter how much you like it...you can't deny that an album being only 33minutes long is a dissapointment.

Well if i ike it i obviously wasnt dissapointed...

Not even by the fact that it is only thirty three minutes long?

not really no, their albums have never been really long. And i dont mind if an album is short.Thats just me though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Well, no matter how much you like it...you can't deny that an album being only 33minutes long is a dissapointment.

Thats utter bollocks IMO. Go listen to "Sing Sing Death House" by The Distillers. 28 minutes of excellent punk, no filler and its all the better for it.

I'd rather have 30 mins pure power than 45 mins thats 1/3rd filler....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Listened to the new album a couple of times now and I can't say there's one song on the album I like.

It's all filler, sounds exactly like the filler on the last one, at least on the other one their were a few songs that stood out from the crowd, and were worth a listen.

Very poor form from the lads, I loved their first three albums but rarely listen to the last one and doubt i'll listen to the new one much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

jonnybadd wrote:
    Listened to the new album a couple of times now and I can't say there's one song on the album I like.

It's all filler, sounds exactly like the filler on the last one, at least on the other one their were a few songs that stood out from the crowd, and were worth a listen.

Very poor form from the lads, I loved their first three albums but rarely listen to the last one and doubt i'll listen to the new one much.
    Each to their own
    System Of A Down havent made a bad album yet imo. They were the band that got me into rock and i will die listening to them.
    System forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 green head

I HATE TO break this to anybody because it **** as im a system fan myself
    things are goin down hill from here......
    first album was unreal... the second steal this album was excelent .....
    toxcity was crazy......... mezmerise is very melodic which i dont think suites the band.....hypotize????????????????? ya its gonna be ****... go to www.systemofadown.com and you can here some of the songs im tellin ya there ****........
    i no its heart breaking but it happens to every band............metallica........
    ........gun n roses..........cyclefly..........papa roach.....the list goes on my friends

:v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :eek:

Its all opinion.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Look saying its all opinion is good and well but I have been a LONG! time fan of system, and I just got Hypnotize (the album) of my "cousin" and I must say its just a festering pile of scum if ive ever seen it, the song Hypnotize is the only half decent crud off this album and I would almost consider talking a PlSS on holy mountain but I mean from a band that came from being the coolest band ever with the self titled album and then blowing me away with toxicity, they have truly deviated beyond the field of metal. Basically they are just rock now, no more screaming vocals, no more meaningful lyrics (cmon one song is just all serge saying "terracotta pie"), no more cool riffs, just songs that start and end with predictable acoustic or low gain terrible licks, I mean cmon. They are done and that is that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

first of all to greenhead, at what stage did papa roach turn crap because i didnt realise they ever moved out of that category......but lets not get sidetracked from the important issue here and that is SOAD chopping off the balls and making a testicle sandwich and deciding not to sell that sandwich in the form of the mezmerize/hypnotize album.

from wat i read chupacrca (sorry cant remember the confusing spelling) has summed up alot of what used to be good bout soad and so therefore can pass a valuable opinion on the hypnotize........thats it,their over,history,im just glad i got to see them at the start of the summer when the could only poullute the setlist with 3 or 4 of the new songs.

i hope its not S.O.A.D.R.I.P. il wait til i hear the new one a few times before i officially throw in the system of a down tshirt that i sometimes like to use as a towel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blondie28

i ashamed 2 say it but i haven't been a fan o system 4 long. even worse is the fact that i didn't know the existed until a friend o mine gave me steal this album 4 a present. I'm totaly hooked and can't wait 4 hypnotise. I have a load o my friends listenin 2 dem and i'm gonin 2 b a loyal supporter.

rock on system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. if u don't like system fine but don't go badmouthin a good band!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I'd like to say that the original post was spot on. I think Mesmerize is a great album, very addictive and some brilliant melodies. Ya, it's different from their last albums but different doesn't have to mean bad. The first time I listened to it, I wasn't that impressed. Picked out a few songs and played them on their own a few times. It was a couple of weeks later that I listened to the full album again and I don't know what had changed but I loved it and still do. It's definately one of their best musical efforts so far. I can't wait for Hypnotize.

P.S. For people complaining about the price, you can buy either on play.com for €14.49 delivered.

So i just listened to hypnotize and in my opinion its brilliant. Its better than Mezmerize anyway although those who didnt like Mezmerize may not like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Heres a link to hear Hypnotise.....http://www.mtv2.com/#leak/system_of_a_down

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I guess it's opinion which is filler and which isn't, but I like most of the songs on it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I thought it was pretty good, better than mezmerize any way. On the other hand i though mezmerize wasn't particularly good.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

got it yesterday and listened to it for the first time this morning. 10x better then mezmerize. it's a soad album... mezmerize IMO didn't feel like a soad album at all

I thought Mezmerize did sound like a SOAD album...but I also feel that there suond has changed considerably since the begining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i think this was just there reject songs that they didnt actually like .

alas i do think paying 20 euros for this album is a bit much . other groups have released " free " albums in the past if they felt they o'd it to the fans .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Hmmm - I've formed a fairly mixed opinion of Hypnotize. Its no more than 5/10, and thats probably generous. Its got some excellent tracks, most notably Attack, Kill Rock & Roll, Hypnotize and Soldier Side. But the rest of the filler, particualarly 5,6,8&9 are truly crap.

I think that, if System had released Mesmertize (or Hypnorize), they'd have had a blistering metal album that would have moved the goalposts for metal in the future. Instead they've released a good album and a fair album, in a very short space of time. However, Hypnotize is worth having, if only so that you can construct yourself a copy of Mesmertize, one of the best metal albums out there :)

Or...mayeb they should have just taken the good tracks from each album, and made one good album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Or...mayeb they should have just taken the good tracks from each album, and made one good album.

that's pretty much what Civilian_Target was saying

• Advertisement

Where?

Advertisement