Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice

• 04-11-2005 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

people I met a girl who back in July we got on very well,I text her to ask her out because I am an ejit didnt last long but we have remained friends.Last week we were chatting away in her house and it as mentioned about the few weeks we were suppose to be with one another.

She said "I want to level with ya now,your great guy good looking and all.I said I would give it a go but I didnt think there was a spark."

She is right because I didnt do anything because I think I was afraid.I have come out of my shell alot since and am going to dinner with her tomorrow.Should I ask her out face to face.We are getting on very well and I would say there is a spark now.It took me best part of three months to open up.

Finally if I do ask her out should it be before or after dinner?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dear god no.

Ask her out? What age are you?

If you have changed then slowly slowly catchy monkey. See if you can make dinner with her a more regular thing and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Be prepared for rejection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Do it before dinner, that way if it doesn't go the way you were hoping you can look forward to uncomfortable silences and an awkwardness which knows no bounds.

I think the above answers your question.

Bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Redlancer

maybe not so much changed but maybe just not been so cautious in my approach.aged twenty

Regularly asked to her house not a good sign? I suppose what Im saying is maybe I sit on the fence too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Bluetonic wrote:
    Do it before dinner, that way if it doesn't go the way you were hoping you can look forward to uncomfortable silences and an awkwardness which knows no bounds.

I think the above answers your question.

Bless.

Award for todays best post goes to you. Burst out laughing there, now everyone is staring at me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Don't ask. Don't expect and don't prepare. If it's gonna happen, it will happen. If there is a spark there, well then let it progress naturally. Is it just the 2 of you out for dinner? If yes I'm sure you will be leaving her home etc... You should know if it's right. If you don't know don't push it. you could end up loosing a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Award for todays best post goes to you. Burst out laughing there, now everyone is staring at me.

Haha. Also laughed out loud. V. funny post bluetonic. :D

Don't ask her out. If you end up kissing or whatever, then go with that, but asking someone out is a bit, well.....premature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You should probably move on to a different girl im afraid mate.
    Its good that you have come out of your shell, but I think that with women first imressions last, she boxed you off early on as a lovely guy who she didnt feel attraction for. I get the feeling its just a friends thing for her.
    But what the hay, i dont know the two of ye.
    If you want to take that leap then go for it, at least you'll know.
    And whatever her response you will learn from the experience.
    If she does reject you, dont take it personally, just know that with the next one try not to be such a "lovely guy" and you might "spark" something of in her.
    Good luck

Advertisement