Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rank / Promotion Question...

Options
  • 04-11-2005 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Greetings...

I'm just curious as to why I haven't moved up a rank. My current rank / score is as follows:-
    sig.png
    sig5.png
    awards.jpg

According to my stats I should be at a higher rank. I should be a first sargeant at least according to these requirements:-
    Requirements:

First Sergeant Requirements:-
    • Score: 20000
    • Awards: Basic Knife Combat Badge, Basic Pistol Combat Badge, Basic Assault Combat Badge, Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge, Basic Sniper Combat Badge, Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge, Basic Support Combat Badge, Basic Engineer Combat Badge, Basic Medic Combat Badge

My score is over 26K, I've got all the basic badges (and a bunch of vets to boot) so anyone know why I haven't moved up a rank?

c0y0te

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If you installed the patch 1.03 and it quickly promoted you needed to have had all the basic badges at that time in order to get First Sergeant. There was a bug whereby some people had an expert badge but not the basic and therefore didn't get promoted. EA began to fix peoples accouns aoput a week later to add the basic badges to those whi were missing them but it was too late for those that didn't have the basic badges at the time of applying the patch.

It doesn't make any difference though as there are no unlocks available with this rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

The main diff it makes to me is that I get outvoted for commander duties on occasion because of people with a higher rank in the same game.

Is there nothing I can do to fix this issue?

Nope, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Ponster wrote:
    If you installed the patch 1.03 and it quickly promoted you needed to have had all the basic badges at that time in order to get First Sergeant. There was a bug whereby some people had an expert badge but not the basic and therefore didn't get promoted. EA began to fix peoples accouns aoput a week later to add the basic badges to those whi were missing them but it was too late for those that didn't have the basic badges at the time of applying the patch.

It doesn't make any difference though as there are no unlocks available with this rank.

how can u get an expert badge without the basic first???

Sorry, I meant Veteran (I thought it was the highest level).

Pistol Combat Badge.

Basic = 5 kills with a Pistol in the same round
    Vet = 7 kills with a Pistol in the same round +50 kills with a pistol overall

It's possible to get the Vet badge without ever have earned the basic as you may never have killed 5 people in the same round and the first time you do you kill 7 and qualify for the Vet badge.

C0y0te received his basic pistol on Oct 8th which was after the date he installed (I'm guessing) the 1.03 patch.

You wont be able to get to First Sergeant because the ranking system wont allow you to. You can only be one of these ranks. So if you were a gunnery sergeant and you had all the basic badges, you move onto First Sergeant. If you didnt have all the badges, you move to Master Sergeant. This is why you can get unlocks at either of these ranks, but not both (on the same account).

As far as I know, First and Master Sergeants are both the same level of rank so a First Sergeant doesnt have commander priority over a Master Sergeant.

This will also occur at Master Gunnery Sergeant and Sergeant Major (50,000). You will get at unlock no matter what rank it assigns you, but again you will only be one of these ranks.

Private
    Private First Class
    Lance Corporal
    Corporal
    Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant
    Gunnery Sergeant
    [Master Sergeant]|[First Sergeant]
    [Master Gunnery Sergeant]|[Sergeant Major]

this means you will either go MS -> FS or MG -> SM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt