Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Esat Com

• 06-01-2000 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

is the computer you get with esat's "surf pc" option any good, i've seen the specs but i was wondering if anyone else has used this option or knows if its any good smile.gif
    asap if u dont mind wink.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well by the sounds of it, its ok, space wise and ram etc is pretty standard, however it only has a 15 inch monitor, in my opinion it would be as cheap or cheaper to get a computer on hire /purchase, type thing, i wouldnt go for it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

You are better off just upgrading the bits thats you want as it always works out cheeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

i am afraid i cannot smile.gif as my only functioning computer is 4 yrs old and cannot be upgraded further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well all u need then to upgrade is a new m bord £100 around a chip { most expensive }£200-900 case £50 you should have a mouse keybord and screen floppy drive you have a sound card and a graphics card . you will need ram now that i think of it £100 for 64 i think thats the price and if your hd is smaller then 3gb id recomend getting a larger one . you can get a 8gb from peats for 145. so totaling cost is at min that is £600 how mutch is esats one ??? well id upgrade by building it myself and indeed ill do that in id say 3 weeks should have me new one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

8.4Gb hard-drives in Maplin for £116. Just to let ya'al know now! smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Just had to get it in there didn't ya Kev? smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I recently discovered maplins. wow, they gots stuff! It's like Peats only bigger!

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

And dearer.
    Quoted 30 pound dearer for 128MBs Ram on the same day

bye for now
    Baz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

what/where is Maplins ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

YEs, what where maplins ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It's very near Peats? You know the big Smyths toystore near Peats? Maplin's is next door smile.gif

Advertisement