Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underwear for the bigger busted girls

• 04-11-2005 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Anyone know where you can pick up some nice bra's for the bigger chest, not too expensive and not to grannyish? I've been looking for years...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

debenhams have a new range from bigger chests. jennifer ellison and jordan are the faces of it. they are really nice. its called young attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinkgrl

I was actually looking for that range before and they didn't stock it, they must have just brought it in...do you happen to know what size they go up to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Would La Senza do large sizes by any chance?

They do piste, but once again not a great range..the sreach goes on!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Check out Next in the Jervis, the missus got some nice gear in there for her 36dd's!!

And yes La Senza do big sizes.. well thats assuming 36dd is big??

I think they had a buy 2 get a 3rd free offer in La Senza there recently!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Branners69, have been there done that...not working for me I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Hey there, It is really difficult to get a sexy bra for big bradleys but I used to get mine in M&S but lately the styles aren't that nice.
    Try Triumph in Arnotts they have nice cuts.

The lingerie place in BT's is good but very expensive but worth the investment in the long run, mefinks.

Thanks DeeDee, Think I might take a trip into BT's with the boyfriend so, might get some early xmas presents...Yes I agree defo worth the money if you get something sexy that fits well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I would generally look in BT's, Clerys and the department store on Talbot st whose name I forget. M&S have recently introduced a new larger size bra range going up to a G cup. It can be worth taking a trawl through TK Maxx, as they will often get in a whole lot of outsized bras. I'm a 32FF/G and I have gotten some of my nicest, cheapest bras there. I got a Rigby Peller, usual retail price around €100 for €12 there last year.

And if you are looking for something special you will find a great range on www.bravissimo.com. They also have a number of shops in the UK if you are visiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

It's worth having a look around M&S if you want something that's pretty and supportive without breaking the bank. Otherwise Agent Provocateur in BT is the way to go (although it's a bit scary spending so much money on one bra there!). They're the prettiest ones you'll find, plus they're supportive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

my sister has a large chest, and she buys La Senza underwear off the net, as its much cheaper than in the shop. Especially if you buy on eBay.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Knickerbox does up to a 40 on the back and a G cup. They often have pretty styles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Victoria's Secret & Bravissimo (both available online) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

iguana wrote:
    I'm a 32FF/G.

Really sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but is it possible to have a body with a chest that size? I'm 40DD and am mostly boob, I just have this really weird image of an incredibly top heavy girl in mind, sorry.

It's impossible to get bras in the Wexford/Waterford area, Dunnes and old lady shops are the best I can get and even at that it's not great.
    M&S didn't have much of a range last time I went looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Le Rack wrote:
    Really sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but is it possible to have a body with a chest that size? I'm 40DD and am mostly boob, I just have this really weird image of an incredibly top heavy girl in mind, sorry.

Well of course it's possible, they wouldn't make bra's that size if I was the only one.:D

I'm actually very in proportion. I measure 41(chest)-28(waist)-41(hips). (I like to think I look like a very small (I'm only 5'1) superheroine, on my very vain days at least.;)) I've always been very careful to make sure I'm wearing the proper size bra, it is important for all woman to do this but especially if you have a large chest as you don't want your chest and back to have to take all the weight.

The number relates to the circumference of the back and rib-cage. The letter /cup size is the size of the breast and it is in proportion to the rib cage.
    Le Rack wrote:
    M&S didn't have much of a range last time I went looking.

The M&S range is very new, if it isn't in your local shop you should ask if they will be getting them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I don't have a local shop, I'm from wexford hence my difficulty!

aah, thank you, I always thought the number took your actual chest into account too! Okay that makes much more sense!

Sorry again!

Advertisement