Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod charger

Options
  • 04-11-2005 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

i heard somewhere recently that apple without changing the price of the ipod reclassed the adapter that allows you to charge the ipod without connecting it to the computer as an optional "cool accesory" for an extra 15 or 20 euro were as before it was given with the ipod kit is this true sorry if this may not be a rip of ireland thing but an international thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

the bastards!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

well spotted ! Only happened a few months ago. My charger lies unused - after all you can charge it by USB from your Mac when synchronising etc. The Usb cable will also work with a blackberry charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Parsi.. will buy that charger if it's going un-used?

Girlfriendf bought an iPod Mini and is a bit sick of charging it off the USB port. Bought my 3G iPod (still going as good as the day i bought it, i might add) 2 years ago next month and i got a charger with mine. But had to pay the €25 for the USB cable as the one supplied was just FireWire.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Sounds good to me ! Make me a nice offer via PM. I just checked it and it requires the firewire cable (I use the firewire for the mac and the USB for the Blacka charger). I also have a Griffin car charger if you want to buy that as well...actually if we settle on a good price for both I will throw in a Griffin PodPod as well (it fits in your cupholder and the ipod goes in)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Apple upgraded the ipod when they dropped the charger. If I remember correctly it was when the ipod photo was launched, so effectively you are comparing a 3rd generation ipod to the ipod photo.

As you correctly pointed out there was no reduction in cost, but there equally was no or very little increase cost for a superior model. Again this was aroudn the time Apple lauched the 4gb & 6gb ipod mini once again no increase in price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

gillo wrote:
    Apple upgraded the ipod when they dropped the charger. If I remember correctly it was when the ipod photo was launched, so effectively you are comparing a 3rd generation ipod to the ipod photo.

As you correctly pointed out there was no reduction in cost, but there equally was no or very little increase cost for a superior model. Again this was aroudn the time Apple lauched the 4gb & 6gb ipod mini once again no increase in price.

Creative have done the same with the new Zen Neeon (http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zenneeon/gallery/flashdemo/feature.asp) - usb charge only.:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

it's really sucky. What if you get a friend to transfer songs onto it for you but then you don't have access to a PC/Mac. The charger becomes a must have then and not an accessory.

Advertisement