Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AoE 3

Options
  • 04-11-2005 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Anyone gone out and got this yet? Looking for some opinions, 7/10 on eurogamer and 8.2 on gamespot, I was hoping it would be a bit better than that but its been a while since i've played a good rts and thought I might give this one a go.

Apologies if there is already an aoe3 thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There is already an AoE III thread giving peoples opinions.

Personally I'd advise you against buying it. There is nothing new in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

I tried the demo and then soon enough purchased it. It's brilliant.
    • Eight new civs
    • Home City
    • Trade routes
    • Brilliant graphics
    • No more camps for deposting resources

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Alvis wrote:
    • No more camps for deposting resources
    Ack yeah, that was one of the things I didn't like tbh.
    Too much ranged combat aswell... I'll stick with AOE2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

Not sure if I will get this. I've been in Top 10 DM players for the past few years in the original AoE. Ye's it's 8 yrs old at this stage but the people who play it are..amazing... after all that time.

Is AoE 3 mainly DM or RM based online? I hear TrademarkGamers have picked up an AoE 3 team..hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Being in the top 10 AoE players is quite a feat. There are often a good 300 people playing it on www.zone.com

I play a ton of Total Annihilation (which has a 10th of the number of players) and I'm well outside the top 10 despite 7 years of practice. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement