Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kieron Dyer

• 04-11-2005 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Been hearing an interesting rumour about Kieron Dyer and his 'injury nightmare'

A source - albeit sometimes a bit unreliable - says Kieron Dyer has Hepititis which he caught from an encounter in the past.
    with hepatitis...
    scar tissue replaces healthy cells and turns blood vessels spider like with thin walls. in turn, this affects vital organs and muscles, causing considerable pain for the sufferer and is the main cause of muscle strains and abnormal blood clotting.

Anyone hear anything else about Dyer's medical problems??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"Manager Graeme Souness declined to elaborate on the nature of the condition, but promised his club would do all in their power to ensure one of their most gifted players returns to the fold as soon as possible.

"Kieron has a medical condition which is causing him problems," he said.

"It's stopping him training properly, stopping him getting fully fit and it's something that we will get to the bottom of.

"We are going to find the best people we can, to come up with the answers that both he needs and we need."

Souness, however, was quick to point out that Dyer's latest problems are not the result of his lifestyle amid speculation over his condition. He would also not be drawn on whether the player is suffering from a liver complaint.

"Can I make the point - it is really important - it is nothing that Kieron's done, this is not a lifestyle problem. It's nothing he has done to bring this situation on. He is just a very, very, very unlucky young man," Souness said.

"Now I'm not a doctor, I'm not going to go into it any more because it would be stupid of me because I wouldn't know the answers to the questions.

"He has just been a very, very unlucky young man. But we are determined to get to the bottom of it and see Kieron back playing both for Newcastle United and England as soon as possible because we miss him.

"The 20 minutes he showed against West Brom last week shows what he is capable of, but we need that for 90 minutes on a regular basis.""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

His medical condition is known as "Bling Bling Syndrome", I saw a doc about him a couple of years ago and he was heading down the road of too much money too much time on his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I think there is far more to it then that BolBill.
    He is not the first player to suffer for years with injury.
    Hopefully it's not what rubberducky said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

im a newcastle fan. i admit the guy is a great player but we are paying him 80k a week to sit on his arse. if the guy doesnt sort his injury problems out soon we must get rid

He's getting paid 40k a week.
    Thats still too much for a player that is injured as much as he is.
    If his current spait of injuries continue we will have to consider putting him on a performance/apperance based contract. He's just a waste of money otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

you could do a woodgate with him =)

hmmm, Wonder if Real are interested?
    Or maybe Milan are in the mood to be suckered :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think it's pretty disrespectful of newspapers to speculate about his health, but then again, you come to expect that.
    To be honest, he's always shown flashes of brilliance, but he just seems to have been 'the next big thing' for quite a while now. I don't think he's ever shown his true form for a long period of time. Of course, he's been unlucky with injury which is a big hinderence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

im nearly sure its 80k

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has revealed Kieron Dyer is 'deeply depressed' at facing a new spell on the sidelines. Dyer is struggling with a mystery illness and faces a lengthy spell out of action.

The malady is the latest blow for Dyer, who has seen this season blighted by a series of injuries.

Souness admitted Dyer is struggling to come to terms with this latest setback and even broke down in tears in front of him and the other players.

"I witnessed something I've never seen before - a player burst into tears in front of other players," said Souness.

"There was around eight of us - players and physios - in the treatment room on Tuesday and Kieron just burst into tears, and I had to take him to the doctor's room.

"He burst into tears because he feels frustrated and he feels he's letting everyone down.

"We all felt emotional and felt for Kieron because I like to think we've got a team spirit going. There was no mickey-taking from the rest of the players at that point.

"This is a hard environment to work in, the banter can be extremely cruel at times. But for five minutes afterwards, the players were still in shock.

"Kieron knows people out there think that there's something he needs to do differently to get back.

"He wants the supporters to know that it's nothing he's done, and that he's done everything he possibly can to get back.

"Kieron's been extremely low... he's deeply depressed."
    The plot thickens! Souness trying to drum up some sympathy for Dyer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Read in the (English) Times a few days ago that Dyer had received a contract extension for 4 years at 90k a week, surely these are lies of the most outrageous sort?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Sure hope so hes not worth 9 euro a week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

i agree that its harsh on newcastle to be paying all this money in wagewss to him but they agreed on the contract so what can he do

Mark wrote:
    Read in the (English) Times a few days ago that Dyer had received a contract extension for 4 years at 90k a week, surely these are lies of the most outrageous sort?!

He has gotten a contract extension, but the 90k a week is a blatent lie.
    no one would pay "sick note II" ..... I mean Dyer, a player who has been injured for two seasons 90k a week.

That could of course be an apperance bonus :p safe money that :eek:

Advertisement