Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best mp4 player for me ?

Options
  • 04-11-2005 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

sorry but i am look at the new ipod 30gb because of its video.i want a player which has a good screen and good quailty and also small enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

It depends on how much you have to spend and whether you're lookin for a PMP first and a music player second or vice versa, I'll suggest either of these:

http://www.pmpmaniac.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=45

http://www.mobilityguru.com/2004/07/06/archos/

Both have decent sized screens so you don't fry your retinas. Bit bulky though.
    The Archos is meant to be a bitch to use though, probably because you seem to be able to do everything apart from launch missiles using it (possibly in a future firmware upgrade though). The A2 plays 10 hours of video on a single charge and looks MIGHTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

sorry i ment like somthing smaller i will also use it for mp3 i want something the size of a ipod.hope you can help

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cowan iAudio X5 and iRiver H3XX series are mainly mp3 players but can play videos too. iRiver screen is better but iAudio can play 15 fps compared to 10 of the iRiver. That's about as much as I know:o

whats the ipods video like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Not sure about the ipods video but the battery live is sh1t - take a look for yourself (http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=1008&display=specification). I'm gonna try and save for the A2 or or iAudioX5L.

• Advertisement

ok so what would be the best mp3/mp4 player for 320E and what would be the best value.

as far as I know the iRiver H3XX is the best value MP3/MP4 player. I could be wrong though! When rockbox is released on the H3XX it will definitely be the best value one available. It's primarily an mp3 player however. What are you more interested in? Music or Video?

music but video will be handy

ok so but the 30gb ipod and the 20 gig h320 seem to be the same price.

You sure? where have you been looking? Try compare the 40G H3XX to the 40G iPod see what that's like, I'm not too sure myself.

• Advertisement

have you not seen the new ipod it does not come in 40gb only 30 and 60 the 30 gb ipod is 310e how much is the 20gb h320 and (h3xx) is the series not the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Just throwing in my opinion - I have an Archos av420.Not difficult to use atall as seems to be the myth.Great picture from movies and stills and have my CD collection on it.Would recommend getting the 80gb size if you're into watching movies.I'v used up about 17gb with music alone.20gb is on Pixmania for about 370Eu I think but scan ebay for some bargains.Battery life isn't bad for mp3s either,can usually get about 10 hours out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Just throwing in my opinion - I have an Archos av420.Not difficult to use atall as seems to be the myth.Great picture from movies and stills and have my CD collection on it.Would recommend getting the 80gb size if you're into watching movies.I'v used up about 17gb with music alone.20gb is on Pixmania for about 370Eu I think but scan ebay for some bargains.Battery life isn't bad for mp3s either,can usually get about 10 hours out of it

I'll second all of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Another vote for the Archos AV420

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Kabuto

get the archos or the ipod, the iRivers screen just isn't good enough to bother with video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I'll second all of that.
    Count me in too, Archos rock.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

If its video you want, get the iAudio A2. Available from next week in 20GB and 30GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sanitarium

My black and white iRiver H140 can play MP4's.
    I would recomend that. It supports loads of other audio codecs aswell.

Yes, MP4 is audio and video. Be more specific.
    For a PMP, I would say the iStation i2 or the Cowan A2, they are good.
    -San

Advertisement