Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe paint for rabbit hutch?

Options
  • 04-11-2005 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Well Misty the rabbit has had his tiger-print harness for quite some time now and as he has acquired a taste for such high fashion I have decided his hutch should be fabulous to match. So I have decided to paint it purple. Can anyone recommend a paint or wood stain that is non-toxic to pets? Bunny will be relocated while hutch is painted, in case he gets any on his fur.

Thanks!

Nala

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Ronseal do a garden wood stain it's not a paint but a stain, you would need at least two coats of it the first coat watered down a little and the second one on then. It doesn't take too long to dry. Some of our runs are painted in the Bilberry colour which is a dark purple, there are other colours in it too. It says on the tin safe for birds and wildlife. Obviously bunny can't be in it until it is totally dry and unless the rabbit is a huge chewer there should be no problems. I've had guinea pigs and rabbits in various hutches and runs painted with it over the years with no porblems. There is a symbol on the back with a bird and a twig on it I think. There's a light green which is nice too.
    You can find it in pretty much all hardware shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Cheers, will have a look!

Nala

Advertisement