Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Savings Account??

Options
  • 04-11-2005 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to set up a savings account for the next few years, lets say €100 per month. My own bank (AIB) has offered me a rate of 3% PA with the possibility in year two of it going to 4.5%.

I asked in EBS today about there rates but he said it was a little over 0%. I understand from their radio adds that Rabo bank is 3% aswell. Is this the best you can get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Around 3% is the best you'll find at the moment in deposit savings accounts. To the best of my knowledge anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

AIB offers the best rate, but there are quite a few terms and conditions in order to benefit, namely you have to feed in a certain amount each month, and you have to maintain a current account (possibly with charges) and the number of withdrawls you can make is restricted. Northern Rock offer 3.05, making them marginally better than Rabo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

CCOVICH wrote:
    AIB offers the best rate, but there are quite a few terms and conditions in order to benefit, namely you have to feed in a certain amount each month, and you have to maintain a current account (possibly with charges) and the number of withdrawls you can make is restricted. Northern Rock offer 3.05, making them marginally better than Rabo.
    True, but saving certs/bonds from An post offer the most competitive after tax rate of 2.7%p.a., but there is not near as much freedom in moving in and out of your money. Although to be fair, these aren't really savings accounts, so I guess it's apples and oranges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

I thought some banks were offering 6%? I remember reading some threads in this section of boards here and speople had 6% savings accounts with 2 different banks. I cant remember the names of the banks, one began with an "R", Ryods maybe? They may have been northern banks? :confused: TSB may have been 1 of them.

Anyone know whats the best term account on offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Northern Rock was 1 of the banks.

• Advertisement

Nobody in Ireland offers 6% on euro deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I currently bank with BOI and enquried as to the same during the week. They offered me 1.5%.

I was plannign on just setting up a DD from my current account to this new savings account. If I were to open up the savings account with AIB would there be any complications or charges with transfering the money?

To open the AIB online savings account you need to have an AIB current account, which will carry standard charges.

Advertisement