Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drivers that will become illegal to use?

• 04-11-2005 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

I'm not sure what the story about the drivers that will become illegal to use in 2008 or something like that? Anyone have more details on what the story is? I've been told a bit about them, but not much..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

css wrote:
    I'm not sure what the story about the drivers that will become illegal to use in 2008 or something like that? Anyone have more details on what the story is? I've been told a bit about them, but not much..

COR greater than 0.83, most driver sold from 2000-2003 had a COR of around 0.86, you can find a list of conforming/non-conforming ones on usga.org.
    http://www.usga.org/playing/clubs_and_balls/clubs_and_balls.html

After 2008 ones with COR > 0.83 will be illegal for competition use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Its not like people keep drivers for more than 2 years anyway :D

Buy what you want now and worry about it come January 2008

And this is the one that will apply this side of the pond although i think its the same

http://www.randa.org/index.cfm?action=rules.equipment.drivingClubPolicy&cfid=1541649&cftoken=25162054

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Cool stuff, looks like I'm ok for now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,270 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Has there been a definition of "Competiiton"
    i.e does that include a Saturday Medal or is it All Ireland/Inter County stuff?
    Chances are I will just go out and buy a new one but I do like my KingCobra 440sz :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

id be careful when purchasing. ask before buying. the r5 and r7 will have a small max sign on them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

GreeBo wrote:
    Has there been a definition of "Competiiton"
    i.e does that include a Saturday Medal or is it All Ireland/Inter County stuff?
    Chances are I will just go out and buy a new one but I do like my KingCobra 440sz :(

If the competition is 'qualifying'(it has an affect on your handicap, point ones or cut's) under the GUI then these drivers will be illegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,270 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dman_15 wrote:
    If the competition is 'qualifying'(it has an affect on your handicap, point ones or cut's) under the GUI then these drivers will be illegal
    T!ts
    Thats what I was afraid off...time for the magic marker methinks :)

Advertisement