Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal for rehearsal venue

Options
  • 24-09-2001 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Having had to move out of a cushy number we had for rehearsals, we are desperately seeking a handy, cheap place to jam.

Most of you are probably thinking 'yeah you and the rest', but if anyone knows of or uses anywhere to jam that might be available on an ongoing basis I'd be glas to hear.

The costs of most studios can really rack up and are hard to book so feel free to HELP if you can

By the way we are a non-bullsh!t, non-wreckthegaff band so no worries there. We're in Dublin south east but fairly mobile.

If you have any suggestions or somewhere to share, please let us know.

Cheers

james@serotona.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

from thumped.com :
    "Hi all,
    Anyone interested in sharing a rehearsal space? We're renting a place in the city centre and have a spare room.

Working electrics, secure, working jaxx( yah!).

Email me at
    zeroonezero@eircom.net.
    or phone me at 087 2255833."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hey there ,
    Otranome use loop studios, the lads are really decent and flexible they even do late night sessions till 1 in the morning if you guys get an unexpected gig or something like that...unfortunatley they're not the cheapest(£40 odd ) but the gear is great and you can get good sound in most rooms.

Best of luck -
    Trev

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Do Loop studios provide the equipment as well!? Amps, drums!?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

They most certainly do, and as Trev said, the gear is great, and its £45 for a 5 hour session, including full backline, but that's the going rate for rehearsal studios now.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

...if ya are gonna go the route of renting rehearsal space i would not recommend Loop... the place is in the basement, the ventilation is more or less nonexistent and it smells like the Liffey seeps in when there is a high tide..... put a few people in there for a few hours with their amps on and it is like being wrapped in cling film (a time and a place for everything) u sweat so much (especially the pooor drummer hehe)......

besides aint Temple Bar Music centre £28 per session when u join....

dalk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

music centre is the best bet....At the moment it's £25 for a mid week session if youre NOT a member? Thats outstanding...check before u book. Loop is alright for those last minute sessions but like the man said its quite sticky. What about the underground on amien st.... Not great but ya know!!

Dave
    www.aftertheparty.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Dalk
    I hear ya about the sweatiness and the stickiness and well, the place can smell from time to time, but as far as getting things done we think the place is great. I don't want to get all profound or anything but i think the place is really conducive to concentrating on getting stuff done, very few distractions or interruptions, there's no rockstars pouncing about the place and as i said the lads will go the extra mile for ya when ya need it..
    The darkness and dinginess, the heat an all that just seem to add a bit to the whole rehearsal thing for us....maybe we're wierd, sweating makes for a cool jam too when your rockin like a madman.

Apple Rock also has the dinginess and the smell but crap gear, arseholes run the place and there's no vibe there at all....

Right so that's my too bits - Trev

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

deco from....was it daytona or laytona or somehitng like that?
    go to his rehearsal studio's in....well....kimmagey/crumliney area...near the ashleaf centre
    a fiver each
    and its a kip
    ha ha ha
    (sorry, the memories)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Kross Studios I think it is, just don't lean against the wall or you'll stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Alright... well we currently use TBMC, but I find the equipment to be ****e... it's good that its central and all that, but if you've got bad equipment you're usually in for a bad jam so...... this loop place, where is it again?
    Could a few of ye whip down a couple of other places you know of and your honest opinion on them. I know I could look them up and try each one out, but I reckon it's quicker this way.
    We've also tried apple rock, which was shíte so... thanks for the help. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Loop studios is on Lotts Lane, which is down the side of Knioghtsbridge at O'Connell Bridge. It's £45 a session, but I think it's well worth it, cos they're all sound lads, the gear is great, and I don't think we've ever had a bad session in there.

Advertisement