Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Maiden album/era

• 04-11-2005 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Just interested to see everyone's preference.
    My personal faveourite album was Brave New World, as it had a harder, heavier edge than the previous ones, and was probably the least cheesy (i.e. didn't go mad on the "Eddie" illusrations).
    There are too many albums, so I've tried to group together couples of albums that represented kind of 'eras' for the band. You can post the individual album and the reason why.

Your Favourite Maiden Album/Era? 27 votes

Iron Maiden/Killers
    0% 0 votes
    The Number of the Beast
    18% 5 votes
    Piece of Mind
    33% 9 votes
    Powerslave
    3% 1 vote
    Somewhere in Time
    18% 5 votes
    Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
    0% 0 votes
    No Prayer for the Dying/Fear Of The Dark
    14% 4 votes
    X-factor/Virtual XI
    3% 1 vote
    Brave New World
    0% 0 votes
    Dance Of Death
    7% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Number of the Beast for being my first. I like most of Maiden's stuff, very little of it is bad in my opinion. Number of the Beast just has that extra oomph.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Number of the Beast would be my first choice also. It was my first IM album, and the tape got wore very thin it was played that often! :)

Seventh Son... was also another fantastic album that got much playing, though Can I Play With Madness was probably my least favourite track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Its hard to choose between Number of the Beast/Piece of Mind and Dance of Death, but since DoD is now, I prefer it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

My favourite album is Piece of Mind, but I had to say the Di'Anno era. Bruce is untouchable, but Maiden at that stage were as raw as they ever were, I love that stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd almost pick Piece Of Mind just for Revelations and The Trooper (probably my two favourite Maiden tunes), But I'm going to go with Powerslave. It's Maiden at their peak, and they know it, so they really make the most of it, revelling in the music, the fans, the stage shows.

That's not to say they slid very far from that peak afterwards. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Seventh Son for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Maiden have a few classics on all their albums. But im going to pick "Brave New World" because of "The Wicker Man" which in my opinion is one of their greatest tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

I think Powerslave is the best era definitly because the band, as was said, knew they were at the top of the world! Brave New World and Iron Maiden are the best albums after that.

On a side note, is the next tour going to be the next four albums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Number of the Beast - no doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Gotta pick Powerslave. The guitar harmonies, the vocals, and who could forget rime of the ancient mariner, all top notch stuff. After Powerslave i would pick Iron Maiden or Brave New World or Seventh Son. Oh and Maiden are doing a new album and the next 4 or 5 albums as their next 2 tours, not sure in what order though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

X Factor/Virtual XI
    Can't beat blaze bayley's vocals on Lord of the Flies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I actually did like Bayley a lot. What was that song on Best Of The Beast (2-disc version), where it was Blaze doing the vocals for a Bruce-era song? Was it Fear Of The Dark, or Afraid To Shoot Strangers?
    It was damn good, in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 oden91

I thought Bailey was terrible. I really liked The Nuber of the Beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Number of the beast, like a lot of people here.
    Dance of Death is also really good, suprisingly for a band that's been around so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

oden91 wrote:
    I thought Bailey was terrible.

Really:eek: ?? No way, he has a great voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Number of the Beast, The Trooper is my favourite Maiden song, but I just love the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Blaze had a fine voice, yeah, but I don't think he fit in very well with the rest of Maiden's sound. Still, I really like VirtualXI, and a few songs on X-Factor just won't get out of my head. Damn good tunes. I understand his work outside Maiden is really rather good. Must try and get a listen sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Power that slave! My favourite always changes though, Fear of the Dark is great as well.

Advertisement