Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB+ slower speeds?

• 04-11-2005 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Anyone in the Wexford area on BB+ found that their speeds have been slower than usual over the past week or so? Did a test on irishisptest.com or whatever it's called and only getting less than 1Mbs/sec.

Knew I shouldn't have gone over my download allowance last month! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Plasmoid

Im in the Cork area and been noticing some drop offs in general performance over the last 3 weeks. I've only got plain BB but things should be comparable.

Did some measuring on Thursday night at 3am when no one is usually on.. here is what i got averaged from a couple of tests.

First using myspeed.visualware.com
    Averaged download speed of 750 kb/s and Upload speed of 62 kb/s
    Usually got about 1100 kb/s and 112 kb/s

20 Ping tests to google.ie averaged 180ms with a maximum of 220ms (first time i got a result of 300m/s and 408m/s but i just ran it again)
    Usually i get 150m/s with a max of 160m/s

Using the diagnostic on the modem

Upstream Noise
    relative capacity occupation: 22%
    noise margin upstream: 32.0 db
    output power downstream: 16.5 dbm
    attenuation upstream: 15.5 db

Downstream noise
    relative capacity occupation: 18%
    noise margin downstream: 51.5 db
    output power upstream: 2.0 dbm
    attenuation downstream: 22.0 db

I dont have previous figures but the noise and occupancy looks well up from a couple of weeks ago... even during peak times.

I've notived while playing online games (Counter Strike Source, BattleField 2) i've been getting a lot more dissconnects and timeouts... periods of wildly fluctuating ping and just plain laggy play.

I've also noticed, for the first time ever... many many corrupt downloads, corrupted websites and corrupted images... consistently. Things like 1 in 5 downloads are corrupt and 1 in 10 images have some distortion or corruption.

Not sure if it is just me or differnt to your problems but thought i'd post it up anyways.

Advertisement