Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle/Pistol Clubs! Dublin?

Options
  • 04-11-2005 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hello,

Dose anyone know any Rifle clubs or Pistol clubs in or around Dublin, anywere within a 2/3 hour drive i dont mind,

If so can you leave name of club and a contact number for the club thanks all!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

FLAG wrote:

Yes i send them an email lastweek i am still waiting for a reply, Would you happen to have a phone number for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

A 1-2 hour drive gets you to pretty much any of the larger clubs Nema, from eastcoastshooting, to DURC or UCDRC if you were ever a student in either college, to Rathdrum, to Wilkinstown, to Fingal, to BRC, or even to the Midlands (apologies to those I've missed, I'm in an internet cafe in Kilkenny at the moment and away from my reference links :( Try the boards wiki page on clubs for a longer list). Was there a particular discipline you were interested in trying? Each of those ranges tends to be better at one thing than another - WTSC is one of the best air rifle ranges around, for example, Midlands is pretty much the acme for fullbore, Courtlough for shotgun, etc, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

The funny thing is im a member of 2 clubs, One for Shotgun one for Rilfe, Im looking for a good Pistol club next, I mainly shoot 6.5x55 down in the midlands, But would like some were a wee it near me im in Santry. Im hoping to get out 4 days a week soon as i need to get some training done if im to be best shooter in the world :) " ganna look up " Anyways thanks for info man

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

Hi Nema, thanks again for your help on the gun safe.

I asked the same question a few weeks back and East Coast was reccomended. Myself & my brother have now both applied for membership. They are based in Roundwood Wicklow, 10 mins off the main M50.

They have shotgun, rifle & pistol sections. Really nice set up & full of genuine, helpful & friendly members. Highly recomend you pop up on a Sunday morning to visit.

I had a phone number for them but have misplaced it since. PM me if you want directions. You can arrive up, sign in & chat to people there. Ask for Sean or Colin who are there most Sunday's & very helpfull.

Cheers.

S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

If you are in Santry, have a look at the Northern Ireland Target Sports Association web site http://www.nitsa.org.uk/ , about 50 mins from Santry we have two ranges, a 15 bay bulls eye and a Practical Pistol facility, PM me for further info.

Advertisement