Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coh?

Options
  • 04-11-2005 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Was thinking about getting COH, i know a little late, considering COV is out but anywho, played a trial a few months back, thought was ok, but was just wondering if it needs a montly subscription? And should I get COV instead, can you make heroes aswell in that game, or only villians ( i know seems like a silly question, but ill throw it out there.) :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

15 dollars a month, about 10 or 11 euro. For american servers that is, dunno about europe.

Yes your better off getting CoV, more players and activity atm, and did things better because it is newer. Same idea though.

No you cannot play heroes without CoH. (but you can fight them in the PvP zones)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

thanks for the reply, seen on play.com that in february you'll be able to get COH+COV together for a single subscription, might hold out for that.

Cheers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 skeesicks

A single subscription already covers both games. I think its about 13 euro a month for the UK servers if you pay a month at a time, but there are discounts by buying 3 or 6 month blocks. So you just need to buy the games separately but you get a month free with each which makes up half the price of the games already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Also City of Villians comes with a 14 day demo of City of Heroes so you can try it out.

I'd also recomend you go with City of Villians at this stage.

I think I pay about €30 evey 3 months at the moment.

ah cool, thanks for the info guys, might poichuse it tomorrow, is there any advantage to buying the retail box over the download?

• Advertisement

I bought the box off the shelf last week...

It was a bit of a hassle then as servers didn't go live for me until 1am Central US time on Monday morning.

Game on Henry Street had a very nice looking Deluxe box for sale... it came with little action figures and you get special arachnos logos for you capes.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

its actually pretty damn cheap for what you get , In my humble opinion well worth it.....if you like this sort of thing:)

ordered CoV and CoH this evening, went for the download version, but was told that my credit card was denied due to suspicion of fruad, play.com on the other hand were happy to accept it.

So i take it I install CoH then CoV and add the CoV key to my acount?

Just be sure to use the upgrade option when you are adding City of Villians, that way you'll get the extra months free subscription.

cool thanks for the help guys, see ya on there ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement