Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy good gun safe in Dublin? & What to buy?

Options
  • 04-11-2005 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi Folks, currently ticking all the boxes on the Gardai licence criteria & looking for advice on best place to get a gun safe around Dublin.

I want to "future proof" a bit in advance of any new legislation so will spend a little extra to get a very sturdy safe that meets or exceeds UK quality / safety standards at a minimum.

I have discounted Sureflow due to the number of negative reports I have got on them so currently considering Infac - but not sure what is in the range (web research has thrown up limited info) or is there better (without costing absolute arm & leg!!)

Budget is up to about €250 want a safe that will hold up to 2 rifles but require one with a top lock section or seperate lock section that will hold ammo or pistol.

Any experience, suggestions, sales or dealers welcome!!!

Cheers.

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

I bought a 5 Gun safe with a Lock top, For rounds and Pistol,

It cost me 380 but well worth it, It holds my guns nice and safe you need to bolt it to the wall, There is 4 holes, 2 in the lower part and 2 in the upper part, so if anyone was to try and take it they would need all the keys, for lower part and upper part. Personaly i think its a great safe and for what it is the price is nice also! If you want il find out if he has any more and let you know, If you send me a PM as i dont want to give his personal info out on Forums,

IMHO:: He is the best Gun Dealer in ireland. He has everything and i mean EVERYTHING also he is not like a lot of other dealers thats in the game only for money, This bloke is in the game because Shooting is his life and he wants other people mainly new people to get to love it as much as him self,

he has helped me out so much over the years and im sure anyone thats anyone in Ireland that shoots knows the person im talking about if i said his name :)

Anyways send me a PM il try hock you up

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

Sounds great, any idea what brand / make it is? & does it conform to the British standards? 5 gun sounds a bit big for what I need but he might have a smaller version. PM on the way for details! Cheers, S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Brattonsound 4/5 gun deep for scoped rifles, no lock box €240.Dealer has other models available.PM me for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I suggest taking a trip to woodies... they have an excellent 8 gun safe with ammo/pistol safe inside it... it's €250, and is definately worth a look.

I know they have 3 in the carlow store, as for anywhere else, I don't know.

I picked mine up from the local fishing tacle shop for about 90 smackers. It holds 2 guns but has no shelves.

I suggest getting a decent one with an internal safe or at the very least a shelf.

Just found 2 brand new Brattonsound 5 gun safes for €80 each from a dealer who is retiring & shifting the last of his stock!!!!

Myself & my brother are going to check them out & pick up one each in the morning if they are what he says they are.

Don't think we are going to do much better than that - bit of a steal really!

Thanks for all the help & for the PM's, shout if I can ever return the favour.

@ Xavier, as a matter of pure curiosity, any idea what make the Woodies safes were?

S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I suggest taking a trip to woodies... it's €250

:D

No Idea but I will get the full spec then post tomorrow night. The best I can do...

Ok, the name of the safe was excellence. Anyone heard of it? 2 of them left anyway... There are 5 points at which there are very secure pins. It really is worth a look...

Interesting - sounds like great value. Cheers for taking the time to check. S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

That safe in Woodies hasn't got any certification marks that I could see.
    I asked the staff for the manual so I could check but they'd lost it!
    It does look well sturdy but I'd be wary of buying one without certification.

• Advertisement

kk, well certs are not the be all and end all... it weighs a ton and has great security. Which store were you in? I will check the manual tomorrow and try get more info on it, I was unaware that there was even a manual. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I was in Woodies in Cork.

Advertisement