Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing areas of Dublin in rollout plan...

Options
  • 24-09-2001 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

POP Handover: Priory
    Park

Sandyford
    Priory Park
    Ballyboden
    Tallaght
    Walkinstown
    Terenure
    Rathmines
    Dundrum
    Nutley
    Beggars Bush
    Dunlaoire
    Rochestown
    Shankill
    Bray

POP Handover: Dolphins
    Barn

Celbridge
    Lucan (Ballydowd)
    Leixlip
    Clondalkin (Nangor Rd)
    Crumlin
    Dolphins Barn
    Crown Alley
    North Main
    Ship St.
    Palmerstown

POP Handover: Summer Hill
    Summerhill
    Phibsboro
    Cabra
    Blanchardstown
    Finglas
    Santry
    Belcamp
    Coolock
    Malahide
    Sutton

Some areas in Main Dublin appear to missing including: Glasenevin, Whitehall and Ballymun.

Any more that aren't there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

you have finglas which more or less is glasnevin and phibsboro is about 2 miles from ballymun... dunno about Whitehall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Well, if you look at it that way ^_^ Santry is Ballymun in the same way that Finglas is Glasenevin ^_^...thanks for your comments...

Whitehall...I'm not sure...it seems like one of the more obvious first places for aDSL I would have thought...

What with DCU and such there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

NoelRock i think that nahdoic ws pointing out these areas are made on a tech map not a geographicaly correct one.

For example i live in the city centre and am connected to the "north main" exchange...point out north main to me on a map.

Give eircom a bell and ask what exchange you are on.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

[caller] Hi i am calling to find out if my exchange is ready for DSL.

[Eircom.net CS] say what?

[caller]oh yes, i want to know if my exchange is ready for i-$cream

[Eircom.net CS] i dunno, why ask me, i just work for Eircom.net, here i will redirect you to Eircom CS.

[caller]ok

[Eircom CS] ......

[caller] hello......

[Eircom CS] yeah. whats wrong?!!?

[caller] repeats question

[Eircom CS] go to the exchange a find out yourself
    [eircom CS]Cuts call and returns to reading the i-$ream brochure.

[caller]completely disgruntled by the previous events does exactly what Eircom customers do every day..."bends over and takes more up the a$$...with a "mona lisa" smile".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

chernobyl, your experience with the ignorance of eircom cs is just dreadful but typical of what a waste of space this company represents.

A friend of mine came to Ireland from Russia to work as a programmer. When looking for a job in Ireland he did some phone interviews from Moscow. One of the interviews was with Eircom. He waited and waited for the phone to ring. Eventually he called them to ask what was the problem. They told him that they were unable to dial his number sucessfully. THEY COULD NOT WORK OUT HOW TO PUT THROUGH A BASIC INTERNATIONAL CALL. I know the phone system in Russia is a bit dodgy but not able get through to Moscow???? - not a small place.

Needless to say he lost interest in working for them. Chalk up another one to Eircom in the national embarrassement file.

• Advertisement
Advertisement