Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Y2K problem (i found one - do i win a prize)

• 18-01-2000 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Got this email from a girl in the office ppl,
    I believe she is running Pegasus mail on Win98.

Andrew,
    My only Y2K nonsense has been that incoming emails say Jan 1970 or else nothing at all,
    and are thus being filed very strangely. When I open them up the correct date is on them. Also, it seems a side-effect of this is that when I save and file an outgoing email, I cannot find it in the folder afterwards. Have you got the 3-easy-steps solution to re-setting my email dates? Or do I need to ask the scary computer support people.
    Thanks,
    Louise

So ... any ideas ppl?

Cheers,

JAK.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

reinstall pegusus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Weird, pegasus has stayed fine on my win95 system maybe u got an old version. as WWM says, try upgrading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Will reinstalling pegasus dump all the old messages tho .. or can i transfer them to her new version w/o problems?

Cheers muchly,

JAK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

try exporting to a disk and then importing them after the reinstillaton
    if it is just a reinstillation or upgrade, most (MOST) programs will save any stuff you have and just upgrade/install the program around it
    generally you have to actually physically remove personal data, the uninstall wont do it
    but like i said, back up first. better safe than sorry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement