Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunstar Super/Future Heroes

Options
  • 05-11-2005 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

This was supposed to be out today...
    But GAME's not stocking it *cries*.
    So can anyone tell me where I can get my grubby little mitts on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Like you, Sega said 04.11.2005 - but Play have it set for next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Well I've played the ROM to bits and I'll be buying this as soon as possible. It's absolute gold. There's lots of time attack potential there. It's all about working out the fastest way to kill the bosses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I've played the ROM to bits and I'll be buying this as soon as possible. It's absolute gold. There's lots of time attack potential there. It's all about working out the fastest way to kill the bosses.

I don't think it works as well as Gunstar Heroes and the time attack doesn't work as well as the scoring systems in there other games. It's just too easy. However the game is only a disapointment because of the godliness of the original. It's a fantastic game.

Wahey! pacman smiley :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

People seem to keep saying that super heroes "isn't as good as" the original. and it isn't, of course: the original was the original. Treasure didn't try to top it; rather, super heroes is a revised version. The original was about choice - fourteen different weapons; two different shooting styles for each; a dice maze that determines your moves at random, guaranteeing you never play the same game twice. In the original you can pick up the seeking electric weapon and run around with the shoot button held down while your laser targets and destroys every enemy onscreen, one-by-one, or you can stand in the middle of the screen chucking every enemy that gets close back at its comrades.

The original was about choice - this one is about execution. the more i play it, the less i can imagine treasure updating its very first release any other way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

People seem to keep saying that super heroes "isn't as good as" the original. and it isn't, of course: the original was the original. Treasure didn't try to top it; rather, super heroes is a revised version. The original was about choice - fourteen different weapons; two different shooting styles for each; a dice maze that determines your moves at random, guaranteeing you never play the same game twice. In the original you can pick up the seeking electric weapon and run around with the shoot button held down while your laser targets and destroys every enemy onscreen, one-by-one, or you can stand in the middle of the screen chucking every enemy that gets close back at its comrades.

The original was about choice - this one is about execution. the more i play it, the less i can imagine treasure updating its very first release any other way.

Still it isn't half as much fun as the original :D

I was always a huge fan of the fire/lightning lightsabre combo weapon. It was great that you could deflect bullets with it. Super Heroes just doesn't come close to that level of cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement