Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion Delayed till 2006!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Arse. That sucks holes, I was dying to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Ah jesus, that definately would have kept me busy during my holidays and possibly my birthday too.

Nuts to that anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Is there an obvious marketing ploy attached to this delayed release or is it actually because they are doing some productive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Is there an obvious marketing ploy attached to this delayed release or is it actually because they are doing some productive?
    I doubt they are missing the lucrative Christmas market for a marketing ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

your fcukin kiddin me!? that absolutely sucks :( Oblivion was one of if not THE only game i was looking forward to playing this christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Hmmm, Ive not been reading their forum but sounds like theres trouble in paradise between the devs and forum fans, on top of the delay. Forum fans might be finally learning theyre not all that important in the scheme of things.

Anyway, its a good thing its delayed imo - theres a serious backlog of good games Ive got to get around to playing before Oblivion gets out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

your fcukin kiddin me!? that absolutely sucks :( Oblivion was one of if not THE only game i was looking forward to playing this christmas.

Cravez you are wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well, I've had a scout around and all the major online retailers (Play, Amazon etc.) still have the game scheduled for release on the 2nd of December. I've read the forums on the elderscrolls.com and the amount of sad whining is unreal, you'd think the very lives of some of the posters depended on the game being out before Christmas. I'd rather wait until the game was complete and finished before I got my hands on it, I don't think they intend to include the need to patch/update the game as a gameplay feature. There's no pleasing the hardcore fans anyway, they find fault in everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I can hardly say I'm surprised. Seems to be a big f*cker of a game.

Meh, as someone said earlier, I'm still trying to finish another dozen games as it is, I think I can survive the extra wait without my fingers turning black and dropping off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Well, seeing as I only bought Morrowind the other day, I can live with this - I have something to play. IT does look soooooo sexy though...
    EDIT Morrowing isn't the game, although it sounds cool... Like a bird or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Does nobody read the Role Playing forum?! :p

Anyway I've alot of respect for Bethesda for not rushing this for a Christmas release, any other company would probably have rushed out an incomplete game to catch the Christmas market. If it was pulled from the Christmas period then either it's something important that needs fixing, or Bethesda ain't releasing this until it's perfect and finished. Either way I'm actually happy enough to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sarky wrote:
    I can hardly say I'm surprised. Seems to be a big f*cker of a game.

Meh, as someone said earlier, I'm still trying to finish another dozen games as it is, I think I can survive the extra wait without my fingers turning black and dropping off.

I've got bugger all else to play unforunately. I need Oblivion! :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

*drops to the floor cradling head*

"lies lies lies...sob...LIES!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!!

A kick in the knackers to say the least.

Might be worth waiting a little while...

Advertisement