Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in the midlands and everything about it

• 05-11-2005 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

I NEED to know everything about broadband availability in the midlands, availability, brandwidth, cost... , absolutely everything!

Could anyone help me.
    I live about a mile and a half outside Edgeworthstown BTW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

______ wrote:
    I NEED to know everything about broadband availability in the midlands, availability, brandwidth, cost... , absolutely everything!

Could anyone help me.
    jees ure askin a lot:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

I know, but if one person answers what they can, and another does the same and etc... It will help me, please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

______ wrote:

Could anyone help me.

why? your best bet is Wireless in Edgeworthstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

To my knowledge your only option currently in Edgeworthstown is Wireless from lastmile.ie.

If you have line of sight to their masts on either the Ardagh mountain or Frewin Hill then you should be ok.

They are planning a mast in Edgeworthstown itself, but i don't know what the timescales are.

I live about 6 miles from Edgeworthstown (longford side) and I have it from Ardagh mountain.

Regards

XDA

• Advertisement

Line of sight? Does that mean if I can see it from my house?
    I'm probably 3-5 miles from Ardagh, is that near enough?
    and do I have to put up a satellite or anything for it outside my house? and if yes does that have to be connected to the phoneline?

That's all the questions I need, I think, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Yes, you need to be able to see the mast on the Ardagh mountain from your house. A pair of binoculars will do the trick and climb up on your roof and see if you can see the mast.

As far as I know, as long as you have line of sight then you can be up to 15 miles from the mast, I'm about 3 miles from it myself.

They will install a small square antenna on the roof pointing at the mast on the Ardagh mountain. Phone line is not required.

Regards

XDA

I'm fairly sure we're higher up than it, so I'm fecked.

Advertisement