Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help! Engine failure - Ford Puma 1.4

Options
  • 05-11-2005 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Help please! My engine needs replacing however parts are impossible to get as Pumas are no longer manufactured. Has been suggested that a Ford Zetec engine will do the job - however these are equally hard to come by 2nd hand. Any suggestions please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Ford Puma was based on the pervious Fiesta. The only thing was that that Fiesta was not sold in 1.4 in Ireland at the time. I think the 1.4 engine from the Puma was also the same unit found in the Focus.

Also try a few places in the North as the Puma was very popular up there and the Fiesta would have been more widely available in 1.4 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

i know a scrap yard that has a puma,not sure whats left of it but i can give you the name of the yard if its any good to you???its in laois!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

surely the 1.6/1.7 engine would be easier to get, id imagine its not much harder to fit?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

When I had my two Puma's I was a member on a UK site called Pumapeople , check out there for advice . As with many cars the British are nearly fanatic and the mamber on that site know their stuff ..

http://www.pumapeople.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

If you want a like new (remanufactured) engine, try Vege (www.vegeuk.com)
    Looking at their price list, a 1.7i (16v) engine is £1,750 sterling. The 1.4 is £965. Delivery is £180 via TNT. The engine is guaranteed for a year.

I also saw an ad for an Irish place in the Herald recently that says it supplies engines. Can't remember if it mentioned any Ford engines. I'll see if I can find it and let you know later for a comparison, but I can recommend Vege personally. I've been very happy with their service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

IVI engines on the naas road,ill dig the number out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Fiestas were supplied in Ireland with the 1.4 Zetec engine - I drove a friend's 1.4 shortly after he got it, in 1996/7. There may not be many, but they are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lulubelle

Thanks to everyone for all your help - I'm chasing up a few different suggestions at the moment and will hopefully hear something back soon. In the meantime, if you come across any info on a 1.4 engine (location does not matter!), please let know.

Advertisement