Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - ENTIRE Dublin STILL Down?

• 05-11-2005 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Word has it IBB Baldoyle, Tallaght, Northside SC, Killester and RTE all went down tonight.

Baldoyle : 9.20pm
    Northside SC:: 9.25pm
    RTE: 10.40pm
    Killester: 10.00pm
    Tallaght: Various

Any idea why? For some it was a just a DNS problem but once 10pm struck the entire network went down.

All the masts were talking to eachother i was able to trace my way around most of the dublin masts and all replys didnt seam all to bad. Pings and Trace Timas were excellent to Tallaght from Baldoyle... Prob cos i was prob the only one messing around on a Internet free Broadband Network lol

IBB Baldoyles connection is in ****ters.... Tected 20 MAtes on IBB Baldoyle and Northside SC and only 8 are back up and 2 are on and off while the other 10 are still down.

Anyone know what went wrong? Wherever IBB's DNS Servers are hidden had a glitch anyway cos the IBB network of masts seamed grand.

Unless there great master master thats conneected to the DNS went down. I think there 3 tho aint there????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I actually think it was the Whole Network full stop..... Cork When down aswell....Limerick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

yep limerick as well about 22.oo

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

the problems seemed to start at around 6pm last night for me, i didnt even bother trying to use the internet with a packet loss of 25% it was pretty crap as per usual....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

bombed out about 10 last night for me. i'm on 3rock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Going by what I've read here over the past few months, I'm increasingly thinking that they guy that designed their network should be taken outside and shot. Although I'm inclined to believe that he was told to design it this way by management. If that's the case, they should be shot.

Why anyone would sign up with them, today at least, is beyond me. They're an awful company and they really, really need to go bust. I hope the management lose their asses when that happens.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Seem like the shut down the enitre network last night.
    D15 was out and so was Churchtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Out in D15 for me too - any news from them on what went wrong ?

Same thing happened the night before too I think ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Engineers are wokring on a report right now, Noting went wrong with the IBB Network Itself so to speak, Every mast was in normal working order. Just the main exchange went down.... IBB are claiming this was outta their control (passing the book). All the IBB mass pretty much connect to one main exchange through a series of IBB masts. I'll put my money that the main mast the all traffic gets routed through went dead......

Thats means they seriously have to sort of the reduncy plan that should have kicked into action...... But oviously failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its perfect for me in Leopardstown...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I've been down for 3 weeks, but since about 10pm last night its gone up to 120k. wahoo! i'm on a 3mbps line but its better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

INEX the trouble maker......

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

This seems to have fixed my problem too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

its been pretty crap today for me... there are so many threads on the broken ibb service that i dont know where to post these "logs" so here they are....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well mine never got sorted from this, so I asked them to remove it. Now I found out that NTL dont do the South Circular Road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

uteotw wrote:
    This seems to have fixed my problem too

Sorry - what's fixed your problem ?

I had slower than dial-up speed with 40% packet loss for 3 weeks... then general IBB network outage (presumably some upgrade/fix)... then my connection works perfectly again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

sutty wrote:
    Well mine never got sorted from this, so I asked them to remove it. Now I found out that NTL dont do the South Circular Road!

Ah the old chicken and egg scenario.

On a happier note, an NTL representative rang me this morning and I'm getting my broadband installed on Monday 21st :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well after mine being real bad for 5 weeks this outage seems to have improved mine no end. Im getting up to 220Kb ( some of the time ) downloads and getting up to 170kb ( some of the time ) uploads. I can now use VOIP also but my gaming pings are still terriable. I could not get on to any gaming servers at all for the last 5 weks now I can get on with pings from 120-250. All over the place. So I bring my PC to my brothers and he is on the RTE mast and his pings are 15-50. So do IBB only look after their customers on the RTE mast and not give a sh1t about D15. Well I dont care my contract is almost up and NTL is almost in my area so I know whats going to happen then!

careful with the "almost"... NTL was "almost" in my area for 3 years in a row.. then I moved and got IBB. IBB has issues but when it works, it works great. Any issue I've had with them I had to fight to get it resolved but I eventualy did. Keep on emailing, keep on calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well they are already very close as a lot of estates arround me already have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement