Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Sound Probs

Options
  • 05-11-2005 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

Ola!

Right having a few sound probs when playing BF2. I only bought the game a few weeks ago and installed patch 1.03 from the start. No probs with it at all.

But in the past 2 days while I've been playing, one minute the sound is fine, the next the volume drops. So I turn up speakers and then at random intervals the sound level returns to normal, and I'm deafened!

I uninstalled my Audigy 2 ZS drivers, then reinstalled them using CD that came with PC (dell 8400). For some reason when i try and update the driver after this using the latest ones from creative website it says it can not detect any audigy 2 zs installed. Which it is and [strike]it seems to be working ok (mp3s play, etc) [/strike]

[edit] Ok I was playing some mp3s this morning and after a while there was the same drop and rise in volume during playback. So guess this prob is not limited to jsut BF2. I'll take this up in comp forum [/edit]

Are the two problems related? Or is the changing volume level in BF2 a known bug?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I could guess that your soundcard is busted??? At the worst it may be your mobo...

What Sound card do you have? Was it expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Audigy 2 ZS. Came with my Dell 8400. I'll see if I can find a solution....

This sounds very similiar to my prob. Except it's for an Audigy card so not sure if it applies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Am I right in saying that the card isn't compatible with the mobo? Weird... Looks like you may have to get a new soundcard, but I would send an E-mail with that link to the manafacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

yea looks like what he's saying. Anyway I'll fiddle a bit more with it and then get on to dell.

Advertisement