Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Upgrade from Windows MP9 - 10 - Now no sound

• 05-11-2005 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭

Hi
    After using Windows Media Player 9 for close on to 2 years, I decided to upgrade to version 10. Downloaded and installed fine. Problem now is that there is no audio when I play an mp3, DVD - in fact anything. I have gone through the settings and can find nothing wrong or obviously wrong at least. Anyone know if this is a common problem? FYI, PC is a 2.8GHz P4 with HT and 1.5GB of RAM - not sure of any other info you may need.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭HybridTech

Guess

Maybe the audio is being directed to an outlet you're not aware of. Try Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and see where the audio is being sent! Try different options until you get required results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Thanks for the suggestion - tried just about everything so I rolled back to version 9 and all is ok again.

Ah well

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

that happens the odd time, i rolled back too, then for another reason i did a clean install of xp, and it upgraded grand

Advertisement