Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally ridiculous ban

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

so victor banned you, and when you emailed him to say you thought it was silly and would he please review it, he emailed you back saying he wasnt going to, you decided to post up here because why?

Isn't that what many charters advise you to do....PM the Mod and if you think it's still unfair, bring it up on feedback. Here's one from the Rec Category
    Arguing with a moderator
    - Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, take things to Feedback.

Giving cheek or attitude to a moderator will get you banned.

Do not under any circumstances complain about a mod on this forum. Do it either on PM or in Feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

RuggieBear wrote:
    Isn't that what many charters advise you to do....PM the Mod and if you think it's still unfair, bring it up on feedback. Here's one from the Rec Category

I think WWM is trying to live up to his argue about anything reputation :rolleyes:

so victor banned you, and when you emailed him to say you thought it was silly and would he please review it, he emailed you back saying he wasnt going to, you decided to post up here because why?

I posted up here because he ignored my PM.

Why are you being aggressive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Probably because you're whinging!! Why are you even arguing this? I reckon it's fair enough you got banned from PI, you made two stupid comments, neither were remotely relevant or helpfull, and even if you don't agree, why bother making a big issue of it?? Take it like a man damnit!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

fade2black wrote:
    To be honest I think there were a few things that could have got Dublin Dude his ban...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3569160&postcount=21
    being one

I have absolutley no doubt that is the one. Victor warned just before that post about no more troll comments. Your post shortly after, intended or unintended, suggested again that the OP was a troll. I interpret it in that way and I presume Victor did aswell.

IMO the ban is justified but I'm sure you'll be back soon since you are generally an excellent contributor to that forum.

• Advertisement

DubGuy wrote:
    Probably because you're whinging!! Why are you even arguing this? I reckon it's fair enough you got banned from PI, you made two stupid comments, neither were remotely relevant or helpfull, and even if you don't agree, why bother making a big issue of it?? Take it like a man damnit!! :p

A ban is pretty serious considering I was not being completely unhelpful. Calling my comments stupid is a bit harsh. Calling them not remotely relevant is totally inaccurate. Saying I'm whinging is wrong - I'm just following the rules (PM the mod and if ignored post in the feedback forum.)

I just want people to be reasonable... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you can't understand that your last two posts were unhelpful and irrelevant then it would make me think that you would be likely to post similar off-topic and unhelpful posts in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I only just read the thread in question, and my first instinct would have been to start slapping your wrist for the comment regarding Victor's sig, then after seeing the second comment about "fat chicks", I might have considered a temp ban, as you were demonstrating a continued willingness to banter, on a forum that we try to keep serious.

Just grin and bear it. Sorry.

Gordon wrote:
    If you can't understand that your last two posts were unhelpful and irrelevant then it would make me think that you would be likely to post similar off-topic and unhelpful posts in the future.

Good detective work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Thank you, I'm glad you agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It didn't seem unreasonable to me. You were posting unhelpful comments and engaging in bantering with other members on a thread there. Thus a temp ban.

It's hardly a big deal mate. Sure, haven't we all been banned from PI at some point? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

No.

*Smug* :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

For ten minutes \o/

I was a bad boy....

So very bad!!

/smacks Tar

nesf wrote:
    It didn't seem unreasonable to me. You were posting unhelpful comments and engaging in bantering with other members on a thread there. Thus a temp ban.

It's hardly a big deal mate. Sure, haven't we all been banned from PI at some point? :)

OK. I see the error of my ways now.

I'm sorry I was unconstructive.

PI is the only thing I like about boards.ie :)

Please let me back in soon. I will stay on topic. Thanks.

:o

I presume that you got banned for the standard week, in which case, PM one of us mods when the week is up, and all will be well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

DaveMcG wrote:
    If I ever get banned again, I want it to be by billy the squid :D
    Been there, done that!

Advertisement