Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom down in Limerick/athlunkard exchange

• 05-11-2005 5:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Got home from work today and sync light on router flashing. Rang tech support who said my connection was down and they would send someone out to look at the exchange. Asked me if I changed anything at home. Explained only have 1 tel. socket with tel line, dsl line going into it via dual filter. Also sky box hard wired in but never given any trouble with sdsl. The sky guy wired it this way for some reason but tech support tried to latch onto this as the fauilt. To prove them wrong I turned off sky box, unplugged tel line and plugged in router directly, with and without filter. Swapped out cables, and filters too. Still no synch. 8 hours later everything hunky dory. So I wonder what was wrong. Was the exhange down and if so why didn't they know, was their upgrades, or was it down to just some random interference. Also would it be worth ripping that sky box out and wiring it correctly with filter.

Advertisement