Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Enzo........totally destroyed

Options
  • 05-11-2005 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

The car simply disintegrated! Well this makes the remaining Enzos worth more; I'm shocked at how flimsy the car seems though. Nice looking cop cars :)

2005112191613sidoli43so9ke.jpg

2005112191715sidoli21pd9lj.jpg

2005112191753sidoli35bk7nj.jpg

2005112191826sidoli10oi7pp.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Holy ****. :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I think its safe to say thats a bit of the driver under the sheet at the right of the car in the 3rd picture.

Oh well 1 down 399 to go, enzos that is, plenty more muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Holy ****. :eek: :eek:
    Jaazus, and i was thinkin of buying one:D
    I'll have to rethink that investment
    I Wish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

shows u how much of a death trap ferraris are. what is the chassis made of? jelly?
    make mental note dont buy ferrari;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I wonder what speed he was going, Id say he hit another car?
    Thats the problem with Carbon Fibre, it doesnt have any give, it either stays together or snaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Jeeeeesus christ....where's the body? Or are there bits of it in each picture?

Funkstard wrote:
    Jeeeeesus christ....where's the body? Or are there bits of it in each picture?

Probably thrown from the car when it split. more than likely still attachted to the seat, but probably missing a leg or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Carbon fibre crumples very well actually - thats part of the reason F1 cars are so much safer these days. At least thats what the discovery channel told me :D

That car is a mess though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

the joys of resin bound carbon - might be strong but smashes into shards under heavy impact.

driver dead needless to say!

judging by wrecked exotics, id say there is far less than 399 left - possibly 390!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

it was reported that he was going 140 or 150mph on that road ... jesus he must have been insane

• Advertisement

commited wrote:
    Carbon fibre crumples very well actually - thats part of the reason F1 cars are so much safer these days. At least thats what the discovery channel told me :D

That car is a mess though :(

With the size of an F1 car compared to its pilot, I would not like any part of an F1 Car to Crumple.

Moulded Carbon Fibre has little or no bend. it just shatters when its limit is passed. That Limit is very high, but I would have thought i would have been better than a 140mph crash, Id like to get a little more info on what he hit, because that road looks quite straight. and I cant see another car (might be in the bushes.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Maybe they can salvage a nice ferrari wheel or two there. They dont look too bad. C'mon, look on the bright side folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'd say it was a single vehicle accident to be honest. Look at the first picture behind the cop car, that looks like a sign post looks after an accident. I'd say te accident initially happened back there and the car hit the post side on somehow. There appears to be roadside debris on the road just before that post too, possibly indicating the vehicle was sliding sideways on the soft margin, throwing the grass and muck onto the road before striking the post. Who knows though, clearly Darwin's theory has claimed another anyway-that damage could only be a result of excessive speed IMO.

Edit: Imagine, that wreck is probably still worth more like that than many of the cars we drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

was there not a enzo 401 made for pope john paul II that was eventually auctioned for the tsunami aid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Look at all the rubber-neckys just standing there...

I cannot believe how unbelievably wrecked the car is. I'd still love to know where the body ended up too, I can't see any blood or anything. Maybe he was thrown from the car when it split in two?

To me it looks like he hit into the tall hedge somewhere along with a signpost, then was thrown all around the road as there is quite a bit of grass, muck and foliage on the car and spread all around the road.

Look at all of it on the road in the first picture. That's absolutely loads of debris. Also, there's another green sheet on the road behing the left-hand police car in the first pic, another part of the body?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

iirc the enzo's body and chassis were one single carbon fibre structure, so if it gives way then there's nothing left of the whole car. With F1 cars the driver is surrounded by a seperate cockpit, if it hits something say head on, the nose cone will shatter, dissipating a huge amount of the energy, meaning the cockpit takes much less of it and can still protect the driver.

murphaph wrote:
    Edit: Imagine, that wreck is probably still worth more like that than many of the cars we drive!
    id say probably worth as much as the average country home
    http://www.davidfordcars.com/dfc_stock.asp
    market value in the uk for a new one is 550000 sterling+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

was there not a enzo 401 made for pope john paul II that was eventually auctioned for the tsunami aid?
    Yes , i think you're right. I read that somewhere, Top Gear Magazine I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

coolcon wrote:
    Yes , i think you're right. I read that somewhere, Top Gear Magazine I think.
    It was featured on a recent episode of 5th Gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Oh well 1 down 399 to go

There were only 399 to begin with. I think two more were then made. One for the Ferrari museum and one for the tsunami auction. Above Enzo was the 4th total loss, so there are now only 397 left. This was the previous one to go:

enzo03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

hahahhahah he paid around 650,000 and now look its gone in a second. hope the guy is still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

drdre wrote:
    hope the guy is still alive.
    You're joking, right? Did you not see the surgical sheetS in the pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Probably just aswell, he'd probably have died of a heart attack at insurance renewal time anyway.

Stekelly wrote:
    he'd probably have died of a heart attack at insurance renewal time anyway.

i doubt it,the enzo is a car that is not aimed at mere mortals, its a rockbrokers car. basically its the guts of 1 million euros worth. if he was alive, he probably would have just gone out and bought another one.
    http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/241enzo_20051103_003.shtml
    http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/242enzo_20051103_004.shtml

thought this was funny stekelly
    http://www.wreckedexotics.com/sl500/sl55_20040727_001.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

This also looks safe

PD?displayPotd=y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Squirrel wrote:
    This also looks safe

PD?displayPotd=y

Remind me to stay clear of any Ferrari's for the time being :eek: Schumacher better look out in '06

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Wow, he would have been safer and quicker in a chipped Golf Tdi (four redeyes natch).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The car simply disintegrated! Well this makes the remaining Enzos worth more; I'm shocked at how flimsy the car seems though. Nice looking cop cars :)

2005112191613sidoli43so9ke.jpg

2005112191715sidoli21pd9lj.jpg

2005112191753sidoli35bk7nj.jpg

2005112191826sidoli10oi7pp.jpg

And he walked away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

well they can probably salvage a couple of wheels

Advertisement